Why was Caulker sold?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wingy said on the podcast that Caulker was sold for non footballing reasons. Anybody know more about this?
Other than Speculation about him calling Joe Lewis's daughter a slag Im not sure. He isn't a bag of pace and couldn't cope within a high line, but still seems a bit rash to sell one of our top home grown prospects. Probably the £10 million we got for him helped. The fact we piled that back into Chiriches helps :)

He wanted to go after being informed he wouldn't be first choice by AVB. Thought he had an outside shot at making the WC squad. I'd laugh if I'm proven wrong, but Cardiff ain't the way to do it fella.

Another theory was that as he shared the same agent as Bale - the club wanted to ensure the agent got some £££s last summer in the hope he'd be less relentless in touting bale to RM
:gallashmm:

Back when it occurred I remember hearing some reports that there were problems in training, and there was speculation that he was enjoying himself rather too much on the pre-season tour...

He believes in Dragons.

From what I heard once he read Harry potter it fucked him. Mentally

Or maybe he thought I want a tilt at getting in the England squad for the wc in Brazil.

I did say Kaboul was fucked a while ago. Pretty obvious. Another ledley but without the ledley.

Caulker and Livermore could have stayed and we could still have bought 2 ozils etc.

If so, I'ma need to see some pics for validity of statement. (The broad, not his statement)
I tried to google, but got distracted by this (pity about her irritating husband):

Louise_RedknappSet4014.jpg

Whatever the reasons it's turned out to be a poor decision by us, unless Caulker was actively demanding a move. Many Spurs fans are saying our best CB pairing is Vlad and Jan, yet AFAIK they've never played in the Prem. Seems a bizarre reaction to me. Why not see how they do first?

It's like the almost unaminous call in Spursdom over the summer that Kab and Jan was our best pairing, that worked out well ...:(

I don't think we expected Kaboul's injury to be so bad, and shockingly Caulker's transfer fee is in our top ten or something O_O

Weirdly enough, our issue with our CBs right now is they can't handle anything in the air, but I don't think Caulker would be the answer there. Someone who is both fast and/or intelligent enough to deal with the high line (more than Dawson) *and* aerially dominant enough to cover for Vlad/Jan would be ideal. Dunno where we are going to find that though.

Whatever the reasons it's turned out to be a poor decision by us, unless Caulker was actively demanding a move. Many Spurs fans are saying our best CB pairing is Vlad and Jan, yet AFAIK they've never played in the Prem. Seems a bizarre reaction to me. Why not see how they do first?

It's like the almost unaminous call in Spursdom over the summer that Kab and Jan was our best pairing, that worked out well ...:(
It seems like you really want Dawson to play .. even though they haven't played Jan and Vlad are the best pairing if Kaboul isn't fit as they've been the two best performing centre halves this season for us. It's logical to suggest that when they're together it'd be our best pairing

Last edited:
Stephen left because he wanted first team football and fell out with avb. It was telling that on his Facebook page the day AVB was sacked his status was something like "karma is a bitch". He hated AVB and apparently bale did not get on with him either. Source?
All first hand, I have seen the correspondence between him and a mate.

I don't think we expected Kaboul's injury to be so bad, and shockingly Caulker's transfer fee is in our top ten or something O_O

Weirdly enough, our issue with our CBs right now is they can't handle anything in the air, but I don't think Caulker would be the answer there. Someone who is both fast and/or intelligent enough to deal with the high line (more than Dawson) *and* aerially dominant enough to cover for Vlad/Jan would be ideal. Dunno where we are going to find that though.

I bring tidings of great news: the high back line is no more. Rejoice.

Back
Top Bottom