Why the hate for the holland team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Allright lads, we just got busted by argentina. My mates left semi depressed. I end up reading uk newspapers half drunk, half depressed and half proud. I read so many hatefull shite about the Dutch team. Fu ck yeah we play reactive, fuck yeah we depend on robben or RvP, fuck yeah Robben fell against mexico. We also use 5 defenders.. We would pbb break legs if needs be. But so what?

We got 3 top player (rvp, robben, de jong) 2 oldies (sneijder, kuyt) The rest is eredivisie player or semi squad player at a mediocre team (guzman, vlaar, fer etc.)

We dont play nice but which team does that with results and a mediocre squad? What do you prefer? Go down in style or go up fuck all? All teams do everything to win.. They all whine, they all fall. Are we hated upon cause we used to have top players all the way so there are higher standards?

Anyway. I prefer winning like a cunt over losing like boss

As mentioned, i ma wasted so this post might miss any clue or insight.

I was a big fan of Dutch football until 4 years ago. Your performance in the Final was absolutely shocking. You seem to have cast off all your classy attributes in exchange for a cynical approach with gamesmanship to the fore. You are a lovely people, but your football team doesn't represent you any longer.

Last edited:
Today's side has 1 class player imo, Robben. He's brilliant, but he's a blatant cheat. RVP isn't at the level he was but again is a blatant cheat who uses his elbows in every Prem match I've seen him play.

The rest of your side are well...stone cold average. Vlaar and Kuyt? I think the biggest problem is like Joe Clash Joe Clash states the final 4 years ago was carnage, they were so cynical. Such bad losers. Which is a shame because as a nation the Dutch, certainly over here are pretty well liked - so there's no agenda.

Like you say LvG doesn't set up to play attractive football either - which I suppose is ok as long as you're wining.

When England and Nigeria are out I always favour Holland next. Wanted a Holland v Germany final. It's true about the cynical play to be fair but whatevs.

I was a big fan of Dutch football until 4 years ago. Your performance in the Final was absolutely shocking. You seem to have cast off all your classy attributes in exchange for a cynical approach with gamesmanship to the fore. You are a lovely people, but your football team doesn't represent you any longer.

This sums up how I feel about them precisely. They used to be pure and play total football with flair and guile. In South Africa they played like fucking Stoke. Besides which I really really really didn't want to see that cunt Van Persie win a world cup.

Don't see much hate for Holland, would love them to win a World Cup, don't personally like Robben or Van Pierse. Game last night was a bore fest, worst of the World Cup and for that I hope Argentina lose 10-0 in the final.

All right all right.. All fair points

Thing must be; when you watch a big game like yesterday or against spain in 2010 you don't register anything related to fair play, attacking or defending football. Defenitely boredom doesnt come into play. You do in smaller games but not in the big ones. I never dared to watch the finals again so never registered that infamous thuggery I called 'professional' or blamed on spanish schwalbes

So, this must be the same kinda feeling that chelsea fans have when they are being criticised for terrible football when they won..

This guy doesnt understand it really. LvG uses the available material to make the best of it. This is far from the football he likes to play. Check all his former teams and you know. He will turn ManU into an attacking machine cause he will be able to purchase players.

Also, what did we do worse than argentina? They got fucking top players all over and played like bitches too. Why all hate towards NL?

everyone was wanking over Holland when they beat Spain 5-1, they just didn't kick on at all - I didn't have a problem with the way they played, did as well as they could

This guy doesnt understand it really. LvG uses the available material to make the best of it. This is far from the football he likes to play. Check all his former teams and you know. He will turn ManU into an attacking machine cause he will be able to purchase players.

Also, what did we do worse than argentina? They got fucking top players all over and played like bitches too. Why all hate towards NL?
exactly ...you only need to look at the teams which have been eliminated ..Italy , Spain , Uruguay etc

i dont hate them , just a pity that they reverted to cynical football to win things and still dont win - even though semi finals with that squad is a very good performance.

I prefer the new Germany (never thought i'd say that) because they try to attack, do not make a lot of fouls and are very rarely acting against fair play (or at least not like for example argentina) - they will dive too , like any other team but they are not a dirty playing fouling team. They start from their own strenght and try to make the opponent undergo that, something that i respect.

But in the end, mostly the boring teams went through and the more exciting teams got eliminated in 1/8 finals most of them so moral of the story , its all about winning and fuck all about entertaining

But i agree, Argentina plays a very annoying type of football - they were stalling for time against us from min 10 on

I would love Holland to win the World Cup, and there's nothing wrong with being pragmatic at times but last night really was poor to watch. They completely stifled the game and didn't really look like they wanted to score. Most of the play was going through Kuyt which says it all really.

van Gaal has done well with this squad, but I feel that he could have taken the game to the Argentinians even in extra-time and he wasn't interested.

Back
Top Bottom