Who's the fastest player in the squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is the fastest player in the squad?

• Son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Werner

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Micky

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Sarr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
He is the fastest eater of hamburgers in the squad!
Hamburger Eating GIF by Richie Brown

If Johnson is the quickest in the league then he’s the slowest fast player I’ve ever seen. Why he doesn’t use his pace all the time baffles me. It’s his biggest strength but still wants to come to the ball when there’s space in behind. He actually plays to his deficiencies.

According to Premier League and what they've been clocked at this season:

Johnson - 22.8 mph
Udogie - 21.5mph
Van de Ven - 21.5mph
Romero - 21.5mph
Son - 21.2 mph
Solomon - 21.2mph

Though that is up to whenever they measured them. May have been games post that where certain players were higher.

I think Werner sits between Udogie and Solomon tbh. So I'll say Johnson.
The only surprising thing in this list is Romero, I never thought he was slow but I didn't think he was as fast as Udogie or VDV.

The only surprising thing in this list is Romero, I never thought he was slow but I didn't think he was as fast as Udogie or VDV.
Udogie never ever looks like he’s full out sprinting. I always think there’s more in him and he plays in a comfort zone. Maybe he’s just got a laid back style. Monster of a player though.

Tbh it's probably because when Romero is chasing back he's at full sprint. Whereas when van de Ven is recovering, he probably isn't. Guy looks like he glides across the ground.

Is that mph?
haha. I wish!

It's averages of both the 'acceleration' and 'top speed' stats from FIFA 24. I don't think it's a reliable metric, but it's usually there or thereabouts to the eyeball tests. I have no idea how they get their data, but until last year, they had a deal with fifa.

Tbh it's probably because when Romero is chasing back he's at full sprint. Whereas when van de Ven is recovering, he probably isn't. Guy looks like he glides across the ground.
The way Ange plays, they both will tend to recover at full speeds. High line, inverted fullbacks. We ask a lot of our CBs to cover that space when a ball is played behind our fullbacks. It’s also why Sarr is so integral to our squad.

If Johnson is the quickest in the league then he’s the slowest fast player I’ve ever seen. Why he doesn’t use his pace all the time baffles me. It’s his biggest strength but still wants to come to the ball when there’s space in behind. He actually plays to his deficiencies.
lack of bravery to fully go for it thats why. scared

Yep. I think I saw an article once where it said that Bale ran an 11.4 second 100m dash at 14 years old. He legit couldve been an olympic sprinter if he trained.
Would have been an outstanding rugby union winger, or full back. His speed coming into the line from FB would have been awesome, and a phenomenal boot on him too.

I think the idea is to come to the ball and then spin behind like he did for the Richy assist last game.

Would love to see him just knock it past people and run more. Like Bale used to.

They need to hold an end of season race (foot race, not F1 go karts).
At the end of a gruelling season… You want all our players suffering Hamstring injuries?

Just Raman scan their beings and get an AI to do it, virtual race (Probably possible soon, Moores law).

It’s epic the Top3 are new to us this season, likely Top4 as I think Werner is in that set (or at least Top 6)

According to Starks Starks data, if Werner is top 7 then 5 of them are new to us this season (Udogie new to the group). Shows in our play that we aren’t such a laborious watch, clearly Ange likes some pace!

Pretty sure we’d smash any other team at 4x 100m.

Back
Top Bottom