Who's the fastest player in the squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is the fastest player in the squad?

• Son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Werner

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Micky

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Sarr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Shadydan

ENIC hokey cokey
Since the signing of Werner it got me thinking that we have some real speedsters in our squad both off the mark and over a long distance so who do we think the fastest player is?

Son
Werner
Van Der Ven
Sarr
Johnson

Acceleration it has to be Johnson.

Over a long distance probably Micky. His steps cover too much ground compared to the others because of how tall he is.

I'd go VDV - Johnson - Son = Werner - Sarr.

If you go by top speeds measured last year, Johnson was the second fastest player in the league, and faster than VDV. VDV was also faster than Werner.

Fastest can mean top speed, accelerate or turning speed.

I would assume Mickey has the top pace looking at his video in Germany but Werner or Johnson in term of acceleration. Went Mickey as fastest generally means top speed.

Footballers generally need acceleration more than top speed though. I used to sprinting for my school and was good at it with a very high top speed but my acceleration and turning wasn’t that great and that is much more useful in football.

You need to distinguish between acceleration and top speed. I'd say Johnson is the quickest to start, Micky is probably the fastest at full tilt.

According to FIFA game stats (y'know, if you're into it):

Werner is the fastest on average, and also the quickest accelerator, but Mickey has fastest top speed.

Averages of both stats from FIFA 24:

Son: 86.5
Werner: 91
Johson: 89
Micky: 84

Last edited:
You need to distinguish between acceleration and top speed. I'd say Johnson is the quickest to start, Micky is probably the fastest at full tilt.

According to FIFA game stats (y'know, if you're into it):

Werner is the fastest on average, and also the quickest accelerator, but Mickey has fastest top speed.

Averages of both stats from FIFA 24:

Son: 86.5
Werner: 91
Johson: 89
Micky: 84
They need to hold an end of season race (foot race, not F1 go karts).

According to Premier League and what they've been clocked at this season:

Johnson - 22.8 mph
Udogie - 21.5mph
Van de Ven - 21.5mph
Romero - 21.5mph
Son - 21.2 mph
Solomon - 21.2mph

Though that is up to whenever they measured them. May have been games post that where certain players were higher.

I think Werner sits between Udogie and Solomon tbh. So I'll say Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom