Who is to blame for Ryan Sessegnon's lack of progress at Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who / what is to blame for Ryan Sessegnon's lack of progress at Spurs?

• Ryan Sessegnon

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Daniel Levy

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ryan Sessegnon and Daniel Levy

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Brexit

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Regime Enthusiasts

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Ryan Sessegnon's mum

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Spurs medical team

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Coaching Staff

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Like every other young player, the thing he needs most is consistent game time. When he got it last season, he improved.

I like Ryan.
But he lacks confidence and I don't think Conte is the right manager for him.
He has 2 EPL goals and a couple of goal involvements this season.
Said it before but he mugged himself off staying at Fulham when they got promoted and were getting beat every week.

I like Ryan.
But he lacks confidence and I don't think Conte is the right manager for him.
He has 2 EPL goals and a couple of goal involvements this season.
Said it before but he mugged himself off staying at Fulham when they got promoted and were getting beat every week.
Vote for his mum then.

It's definitely his mum, apparently she couldn't lay off the bacardi breezers and guinness whilst she was preggers with him. His brain stopped developing at about 6 months old, apparently.

I don't want to turn him into hate figure. Like Emerson Royal he seems a decent and very likeable young man. I just think he is playing at a level physically above him(unlike Royal who is an elite athlete). When Everton go down he should go there and help them come back under Dyche. Then move rinse and repeat. He was a poor bit of scouting ultimately and its intresting that Liverpool were interested in him but having watched him did not move on him. Settling a while later on Robertson.

I don't want to turn him into hate figure. Like Emerson Royal he seems a decent and very likeable young man. I just think he is playing at a level physically above him(unlike Royal who is an elite athlete). When Everton go down he should go there and help them come back under Dyche. Then move rinse and repeat. He was a poor bit of scouting ultimately and its intresting that Liverpool were interested in him but having watched him did not move on him. Settling a while later on Robertson.
Agree with you about being above his talent level at Spurs.

He'd develop somewhere like Brighton, Brentford where the pressure isn't so high.

Potentially another player to start playing at a very young age (I think he was 16 when he was turning out for Fulham regularly) that may just burn out relatively quickly due to injuries early on in his career and playing in leagues that are physically monstrous

Hasn't worked hard enough on his complete game to be able to fulfill any single position to a good enough standard, and for this reason it's on Ryan really.

Hasn't got the technical ability, crossing or dribbling required of a wing back. Hasn't got the defensive skill of a full back. Hasn't got the confidence or skill of a wide forward. Poor passing/build up play hurts him in all positions.

Too niche of a skill set to compete at the premier league level unfortunately for him.

Back
Top Bottom