Who is Jahm Najafi and will he be better than Enic?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My suspicion is that Lewis wants an outright sale, whereas Levy wants to remain involved and is trying to explore ways of becoming the majority shareholder with third party backing.

The latter would be the absolute pits.

The fact that Joe Lewis has taken the club out of his ownership and placed it in a Trust tells me the do nothing option isn't happening. Why do that if you're not looking at making some sort of change.

I mean though, we wouldn't put it past them to procrastinate and do nothing like with transfers, but this is their own money, not the club's, so they will be thinking of best how to maximise their returns.

I suspect what is happening is Lewis wants to sell, Levy doesn't and that is why there are so many stories and guessing games going on in the media. Plus of course there is the Man U angle, which seems far from straight forward too and probably complicating things. They are probably waiting for that to be sorted before doing anything as it will impact on their valuation (and others) either way.
The united sale is probably a big hurdle/logging point. Once it gets done we'll probably see more moves both regarding us and Liverpool. A domino effect of sorts.

Given the share-holding % at ENIC; I struggle to see how Levy holds too much sway over the final decision.

I think what's clouding people expectations of time-frames too is that Chavs deal; which of course subjected to time-contraints by the government sanctions in place.

I was thinking the same. Although I suspect the goodwill that Lewis has for Levy (thanks to him for making him billions from the club) probably hangs over his decision making somewhat. They are both ruthless fuckers though and could as easily fall out over it than not. I suspect it wouldn't matter if it were a quid or a billion quid, neither of them would want to be short changed.

The united sale is probably a big hurdle/logging point. Once it gets done we'll probably see more moves both regarding us and Liverpool. A domino effect of sorts.

Of course, Man U might not be sold, that option is also on the table there. Some of the Glaziers might just buy out the others. That investment bank popping up over the weekend as offering finance to a purchase was quite the indicator that that is a possibility (and an amusing one at that).

Need to get a fucking move on. This needs to be done before the summer transfer window otherwise we will be in limbo. As for it can take a while well yes if one party stalls but takeovers can be very quick if there is agreement like Aston Villa.

Either do or don’t but make it clear.

“but prospective bidders believe the chairman & Joe Lewis have still not decided whether they want to sell the whole club, a minority stake or nothing at all. “
thats-how-you-negotiate-negotiate.gif

Need to get a fucking move on. This needs to be done before the summer transfer window otherwise we will be in limbo. As for it can take a while well yes if one party stalls but takeovers can be very quick if there is agreement like Aston Villa.

Either do or don’t but make it clear.

I doubt it will be done by the summer or even this year, but equally it would be exactly like them to do something, not let it leak out and us lot just wake up one morning to find we've been sold.

Anyone looking to buy just needs to buy out lewis/enic's share, so Levy's opinion in this doesnt really matter.

Not quite how it works though......... Levy himself has no shares in THFC; he has shares in ENIC.

The only way what you describe gets to happen is if ENIC sell Levy himself some THFC shares.

My suspicion is that Lewis wants an outright sale, whereas Levy wants to remain involved and is trying to explore ways of becoming the majority shareholder with third party backing.

The latter would be the absolute pits.

It would bring more chance of increased spending compared to ENIC merely selling 25%..... The proceeds from that would be ENIC money; not THFC.

........If the main thing people want is increased spending, then a 25% share sale is the worst of the 3 scenarios.

Last edited:
Not quite how it works though......... Levy himself has no shares in THFC; he has shares in ENIC.

The only way what you describe gets to happen is if ENIC sell Levy himself some THFC shares.
I get that. But I thought Lewis had 70% of Enic, so wouldnt it be him that decides what happens regarding a sale of what Enic owns.

I get that. But I thought Lewis had 70% of Enic, so wouldnt it be him that decides what happens regarding a sale of what Enic owns.

Yes; majority share = most clout, but that clout means if Lewis decides to sell Levy just has to concur and accept his slice of the profit within his sharehold of ENIC's net value......

Not directly owning any THFC shares means he can't merely decide to stay on.

....Nor do the proceeds from any sale just go directly into Lewis & Levy's pockets. It goes into the books of ENIC as income from sale of assets.

Last edited:
Yes; majority share = most clout, but that clout means if Lewis decides to sell Levy just has to concur and accept his slice of the profit within his sharehold of ENIC's net value......

Not directly owning any THFC shares means he can't merely decide to stay on.
Yea thats what I thought too. That if Lewis wants to, he can just sell spurs without Levy's opinion mattering much. So people worried about Levy blocking the deal doesnt make sense, as he has less than a 3rd share of Enic/the club.

Back
Top Bottom