Who are you taking from City when they get relegated to the Scottish league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do people think the premier league would go through the trouble of investigating city for years just to slap them on the wrist if they're found guilty?

If you said that their lawyers might get them out of it or drag the case out I get that, but getting no serious punishment after all that? I just can't see it.

Levy’s probably already dusting the trophy cabinet ready for all the PL trophies we’ll receive when City are stripped of theirs.

Liverpool 3
Man U 3
Spurs 0

:levystare:

Why do people think the premier league would go through the trouble of investigating city for years just to slap them on the wrist if they're found guilty?

If you said that their lawyers might get them out of it or drag the case out I get that, but getting no serious punishment after all that? I just can't see it.
I remember when we got done by the FA for financial breeches.

IIRC, the punishment originally was 12 PTS reduction and kicked out of FA Cup and a fine.

On appeal it was downgraded to 6 pts deduction and a fine.

On further appeal it was argued that as the offence was purely financial, the punishment should be purely financial.

It was downgraded to a fine only.

If City get a harsh punishment they will eventually go to CAS and end up with a slap on the wrist.

I remember when we got done by the FA for financial breeches.

IIRC, the punishment originally was 12 PTS reduction and kicked out of FA Cup and a fine.

On appeal it was downgraded to 6 pts deduction and a fine.

On further appeal it was argued that as the offence was purely financial, the punishment should be purely financial.

It was downgraded to a fine only.

If City get a harsh punishment they will eventually go to CAS and end up with a slap on the wrist.
Apparently they cant appeal to CAS, but they can go to other courts instead. I'm not really sure if that makes a difference.

Also been hearing about the govt calling for an independent regulator into football so that might be something taken into account as well.

This reminds me of all the talk about cherry picking chelsea's best players once they went bankrupt after Abramovich's departure

:contesmile:

Juve were relegated to Serie B

It can happen.

It should happen.

It won't be about whether City have to sell their players because of financial irregularities, it will be because they'll be banned from Europe and relegated and their coach will walk.
At that point, their players will want to leave.

Their income will take a massive hit if they're chucked out of the league meaning they won't be able to pay players wages unless they break more FFP rules and dip into the owners pockets.

Juve were relegated to Serie B

It can happen.

It should happen.

It won't be about whether City have to sell their players because of financial irregularities, it will be because they'll be banned from Europe and relegated and their coach will walk.
At that point, their players will want to leave.

Their income will take a massive hit if they're chucked out of the league meaning they won't be able to pay players wages unless they break more FFP rules and dip into the owners pockets.

And Glasgow Rangers?

Went into the Scottish bottom tier which was a shocker at the time

Wasn't that because they went into administration rather than breaching FFP and general cheating?

You could be right

It was such a shock which I remember well as I was living in Scotland at the time!

I quite enjoyed it!!

Not much difference between their top and bottom tiers TBH. All full of crap Scottish teams.

And yet in the 60/70 most decent English sides had some Scottish players including us

Alan Gilzean
Dave Mackay
Bill Brown
Alfie Conn
Etc

Back
Top Bottom