White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I have sat/stood in every part of the ground, apart from the executive boxes (although I did see one NLD from the corner of the Park Lane where the press box is, after having lunch in the hospitality lounge). Suppose best time for me was standing at the front of the Shelf, definitely the best view - near halfway line so no distortion of where the ball is, which you get when watching from behind the goals; up high so you can see the flow of the play, but not so far away that the players looked like ants. I did like the enclosure though, sure that you paid an extra 2 bob (10p ) for that. I remember the peanut man. I remember that awful day when we witnessed the fences going up around the ground and rejoicing when they took them down. Games too many to mention - some good, some bad and some plain ugly. But considering I have been going to the Lane for 47 years, I still get a thrill going through the turnstiles ..... can't say the thrill is still there at the end of the game! But all said and done, you just can't beat being there in person, and I am going to miss the old place.

If only Crowd funding could be relied upon, I am sure there are enough fans globally who could raise enough money to buy the naming rights to the new stadium and keep it as White Hart Lane

200k of us pay £25 a season each and we don't have to hear "good afternoon and welcome to X Y z arena".

A pipe dream, but what's £25 these days ?

Oh well, keep dreaming. It will soon be Christmas !

Last edited:
Got tickets for Everton......flying in and will visit my sister and mum (they moved down south to Kingsbridge from London the other year)
Booked with Steve Perryman sport travel, hotel in Earls Court and match tickets. Not cheap, but last ever visit to WHL´....cant put a price on that.

Im gonna walk around that old building, and reminisce over the years gone by, junk food on the high street, buying badges and programmes as a kid, all the mates you went with as teens.......

But as has been said, how wonderfull that all those memories can live on at the new gaff

Don't understand why people care so much about playing on a Friday, Saturday evening or Monday. Personally I think it is great and provides more for the neutral. Playing on a Sunday can be annoying but teams have to if they play on Thursday. Everyone is always talking about how great Saturday at 3pm is. Don't get it myself.
with respect... FUCK THE NEUTRAL

...they don't support my team... I only want what's best for Tottenham. The 'neutral' wasn't punching the TV yesterday when ArseAnal scored a cunt'o'clock penalty to render our point on Saturday virtually redundant.

The 'Neutral' was probably calmly opening another can of beer, whilst Face-Twatting his friends to tell them all he was watching the telly!

BTW... the fuck has happened to my font?

2dkl4cm.jpg

According to Facebook I took this photo 4 years ago. I'm going to miss The Lane

Back
Top Bottom