Which players do we absolutely need to keep in the summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a great question because it's made me realise that for the first time ever, there's nobody in our squad that really engages me or captures my imagination.

Lloris is a great keeper and it would be good to keep him but at the minute and based on this season's performances, I'm really not that bothered about him or anyone else, especially if people want to leave.

This is a great question because it's made me realise that for the first time ever, there's nobody in our squad that really engages me or captures my imagination.

Lloris is a great keeper and it would be good to keep him but at the minute and based on this season's performances, I'm really not that bothered about him or anyone else, especially if people want to leave.

Agree...

Its much quicker to write who I wouldnt mind going, so assume the rest to keep!

Lennon (sad, but 10 years of just potential..? Was better at 17 to be honest)
Livermore
Siggy/Holtby (keep one)
Kaboul
Soldado
Brad

...but as the quoted post says, I dont really give a toss right now. Its nothing like when we were trying to keep Berbatov, Modric and Bale, or when VDV left.

Im more concerned with who is going to manage us.

all? speak for yourself fella I only want Naughton gone & even then I won't be fussed if we keep him
I don't know how you can even think about watching him for another season. I'm so tired of his constant mistakes. I can hardly stand to watch Lennon anymore as well.

I don't know how you can even think about watching him for another season. I'm so tired of his constant mistakes. I can hardly stand to watch Lennon anymore as well.
I thought he was starting to look alright for a few weeks before looking like a retard again. As far as back ups go he's not actually that bad imo

Keep all of them ffs. How's turnover worked for us before (even getting rid of the likes of Huddlestone and Demsey has hurt imo)? Add a confident striker, a good left back and a versatile centre back. Maybe even a young goalkeeper to prepare for Lloris' departure.

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - _____
Sandro - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado

Others: Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli
Fuck the rest. Soldado will have second season syndrome and score 40.

Torn on Vertonghen and Paulinho. Loved Verts since he joined and he's easily our best CB ability-wise, but I feel he may have lost too much backing from the fans with his demeanour. Paulinho showed glimpses of quality before he was savaged by Charlie Adam but hasn't got back to there yet, although his comments about not learning English didn't fill me with confidence. With the right manager though he could be unplayable.

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Chiriches - _____
Sandro - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Soldado

Others: Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli
Fuck the rest. Soldado will have second season syndrome and score 40.

Torn on Vertonghen and Paulinho. Loved Verts since he joined and he's easily our best CB ability-wise, but I feel he may have lost too much backing from the fans with his demeanour. Paulinho showed glimpses of quality before he was savaged by Charlie Adam but hasn't got back to there yet, although his comments about not learning English didn't fill me with confidence. With the right manager though he could be unplayable.

I like this team..dnt think Kabul will play on next season though..

We need a new LB, LM and a striker.

We need to sell siggi, Lennon, ade (bcoz of wages) and perhaps a few others..

I'm thinking benteke in, kono or the young winger from Salzburg in, a new lb and maybe caulker..

As this is a World Cup year, it may be prudent to get your transfer business done (verbal agreement) before the tournament starts in Brazil. Players who perform well there tend to get a massive transfer price inflation.

Keep everyone except those that are determined to leave and who get the required transfer fee. Replace those who have left and add a left back.

Back
Top Bottom