Which one Spurs player would you bring back for this team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In this team it would probably be Modric, but prime Bale would also be incredible.

My other choice would be Kyle Walker, as he would absolutely have thrived in this system.

Jimmy Greaves

Perhaps the only player who would be a real alternative to Kane without a drop in quality.

Mind you he'd probably have to drop his habit of having a half pint of beer and a smoke at half time to meet Conte's fitness standards....

Only a half???

Gilly would have had several!!

For in-his-peak Godliness I can't see past Bale. Would slot in on the right hand side in a front three of:

Son - Kane - Bale.

The guy absolutely tore it up in that final season with us but imagine what he'd do with defenders being unable to double-mark him due to those other two.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

What about Clive Allen? Surely 49 goals extra would help?

Greaves closely folowed bt Mckay end of
The reason I didn't choose a striker was because we were asked for one player to add to the current team, and that's one area that works fine at the moment. I would have chosen Mackay if I had seen him play, but Hoddle is the one player that would move us up a level IMO:)

That is my favourite Spurs photo of all time, with the VDV "To Dare Is To Do" close behind.

Mackay would have had Keane apologising for being a twat!
I also like this one of Mackay, squaring up to Mike Summerbee (Man City), with Gilzean trying to restrain him (he probably had to do that more than once).

tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-city-spurs-left-winger-alan-gilzean-appears-to-be-putting-a-restraining-hand-on-dave-mackays-shoulder-during-the-match-against-manchester-city-mike-summerbee-is-the-man-city-player-on-the-left-4th-may-1968-2GJ0G4X.jpg

God I love a close season thread!

Thorsdvedt
Jennings
Danny Thomas
Steve Perryman
Mackay
Blanchflower
Ledley King
Jan Vertonghen
Toby Alderweireld
Luka Modric
Ossie & Ricky
Moussa Dembele
Van der Vaart
Bale
Ginola
Gazza
Hoddle
Greaves
C.Allen
Berbatov
Klinsmann & Sheringham

With Bill Nic & Burkinshaw as a management dream team, with 2016/19 Poch as their assistant!

....fuck it, get em all in and pack the bench!

Back
Top Bottom