Which current Spurs players could you see going into management?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Jermain Defoe being in the news lately about him wanting more black coaches and him recently being promoted to Spurs Under-18's boss, which current players in the Spurs squad could everyone see going into management in the future?

The one I can see is Hugo, he's obviously got the authoritative skills to be one, with him being captain for both club & country for years now, plus his resume with being a World Cup winner helps.

Maybe Harry Kane.

He strikes me as someone who will want to keep on doing something involved in football when he stops playing.

Maybe he will just take up golf.

Winks will manage us one day
Winks’ first training session… “Right lads, sideways passing. That’s what I want to see. SIDEWAYS PASSING. Any of this progressive forwards bullshit and you’re out.”

Unnamed player… “But how are we supposed to score if we can’t pass the ball forwards?”.

Winks: “SIDEWAYS PASSING”

Hojberg and Dier I reckon...

Kane will follow the Lineker punditry route... (If he can sort his speech impediment out), otherwise, he'll be another Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday!

The only other one I reckon, is Doherty.... I reckon there's a better manager in there than a player!

Oh, and Skipp will be our League Title winning manager in 2050!

Højbjerg will probably be a decent manager. I imagine he’d end up like the love child of Gattuso and Jose Mourinho.

Jan Vertonghen will probably go into management too, he has the look of one.

It's really hard to say. It usually turns out very different in reality. If we consider the players I grew up with in the 90s, the most obvious one to me was Gary Mabbutt but he never did. I believe it was a story Bill Nick told him about how he felt like he didn't know his daughters at all when the time came to give them away that put him off. He deliberately chose a post-football career path that prioritised his family life.

I never rated Dean Austin and Justin Edinburgh that much but they both went into management with some success. Colin Calderwood as well. To think the club captain and bedrock of the 95/96 back four was the only one of them that didn't become a manager. Judas was just a utility player in those days.

If we move a bit further forward, Ruel Fox had a brief stint at non-league level and Teddy Sheringham had a brief stint at Stevenage Borough. Darren Anderton is probably the last player I would have considered management material and he hasn't produced any surprises in that regard. Currently living it up in the USA.

Of the midfielders, only Andy Sinton has become a manager and was quite successful at non-league level. Ian Walker also had a brief stint as manager of Bishop's Stortford.

Hojberg and Dier I reckon...

Kane will follow the Lineker punditry route... (If he can sort his speech impediment out), otherwise, he'll be another Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday!

The only other one I reckon, is Doherty.... I reckon there's a better manager in there than a player!

Oh, and Skipp will be our League Title winning manager in 2050!
Dier is too much of a tree hugger to be a successful manager. He’s bright but he’d be better off as a teacher in a school, managing the vegetable patch.

I can see Christian Romero going into management of sorts.

I’ll concede that it may not be football management

ADCDDFEC-55-DC-4648-ACEB-D09905-D7431-D.jpg

Hoijberg and Davies. Probably Lloris.

Lloris..... Coach maybe; not manager..... Could see him being good on the technical/training side, but he hasn't got the aura to run the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom