Where Did It All Go Wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A well balanced piece! There dose seem to be an "edge-y-ness" about the players. I hope it is a case of needing a little more time to gel and not the fear factor from the crowds response, if a pass go's astray!! This all for me reduces our tempo. When you play with just one (a small one) up top, then the build up of passe has to be fluid/quick to find the Soldados. Those quicker passes have to come from the set Sandro/Paulino into the inverted wingers, for me Lamala left and Towesend right! Eriksen slightly higer and central for two reason (and the answer to the question of inverted wingers!!! The thinking behind inverted wingers is to draw the centre paring out to the edge of the box creating and leaving space in behind for Soldado to exploit! I,m in the AVB camp, purely because the tents already have been erected! Don't tear them down, just to spite your face! The barbies on, granted it is taking its time to lite
but when it dose, we have some very tastey cuts, to make it a feast of a season!

well for sammy it went wrong at birth when the doctor tripped over the umbilical cord and dropped him on his head

#downy :goonermong:
Thats why they call him box head! My apologies to any fans of German heritage who view this!

Great article, great read.

I believe AVB is too stubborn to attempt changing something that won him the Uefa Cup at Porto and wants to continue with the same tactic and emulate it here at the Lane. What I believe he needs to understand is that players make the team, the team makes the successful tactics. He's doing things the other way around, with players that haven't played in the league let alone played in that type of tactic.

He needs to take a step back, let the players play how they want in training and tone them to play better using their natural talents and build a tactic around the best parts of what we have as opposed to creating a tactic and shoehorning the players in to make it work.

Does anyone know if there were any teething problems at Porto when AVB introduced his system ie results/lack of goals?

Does anyone know if there were any teething problems at Porto when AVB introduced his system ie results/lack of goals?
Scoring problems?

1305823422Falcao+Porto.jpg

Things is, Porto (like Benfica & Sporting) are the equivalent of Real/Barca in Spain, or Celtic/Rangers in Scotland... if they HADN'T won the league, or come top 2/3 there would've have been something SERIOUSLY wrong!

Haven't those three made the top three for every single fucking year of the Portuguese league?? (maybe not EVERY year, but pretty fuckin close!) I'd have thought it was harder to FAIL!

Back
Top Bottom