Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if they'll retract the turf and put the screens on the NFL astro plastic crap stuff. I would.

Amongst buckets of excitement and nervousness I’m experiencing a little smidgin of melancholy (particularly after reading the Max Rushden piece) as I’m away on holiday with my wife and kids and won’t be able to watch with my Dad, who introduced (indoctrinated?) me and my brothers to Spurs. (Almost catastrophically in my case, he almost dropped me on my head at 6 weeks old when Ricky Villa scored that goal in the 81 final replay...he proudly told that story at my wedding by the way!).

Will watch in a bar here. Would’ve been great to share the evening with him. But...we’ll always have the magic of watching this season’s CL journey - had him round at mine for various games including those QF and SF wins. And...I’ll have my little son here to watch at least the first half with (9pm kick off here!) . And...the mother of all Facetime calls to my Dad and brothers if we lift the trophy on Saturday...

Coincidentally, my mate's installing them (hiding the wiring) and just sent me a pic. He says they're not bad and the first one went in quite easily. Levy's chuffed to bits, apparently.

otEqRGa.jpg
Should have gone to Radio Rentals.

Hi mate, sorry I didn't get back. Another mate of mine can come now so i'll be going. He may be bringing his mate too but thats not 100%. I've given him til end of day to let me know so I'll possibly have 2 free (one child one). Let me know if you want the 2 and I'll message you tonight if they are still free.
Yeah still looking mate.

The anticipation is starting to build now. I know tomorrow is gonna be a write off.

Spent the last hour trying to change my phone screensaver to some appropriate.

Anyone in the Isle of Man, the spurs bar is Quids Inn in Douglas. Classy place.......

Finally got flight confirmation from Thomas Cook at 9pm last night. Not as bad as it could of been, fly out at 10am come back at 8am. Now the stress of that is clear I'm starting to get proper excited about this game, clearly we're the underdogs but we've been that most of this campaign. Quietly optimistic we can get the result, few hours in the sun with a beer or 2 to calm the nerves.... only 36 hours 'till kick off.

Hi anyone arriving in Malaga tomo morning? Don't know if worth getting the train upto Madrid as we haven't got tickets. Wondering if anyone is watching in Malaga? If not how are u getting to Madrid? COYS

I’m going to head to a pub near the ground.

Win or lose, I feel the need to be with other Spurs fans and I didn’t fancy it in the stadium, (not that I could get a ticket anyway) so pub it is.

Amongst buckets of excitement and nervousness I’m experiencing a little smidgin of melancholy (particularly after reading the Max Rushden piece)

That article reinforced for me that I was doing the right thing by staying home with my 10yr old son and a couple of non-scouser mates. My first memory of a cup final was the disappointment of the 87 Cup Final. As the only Yid in my family, it was a pretty lonely experience watching us lose to bloody Coventry. This year, my son was away during the QF 2nd leg and I was away on business in the SF 2nd leg. There's no way I wanted THIS final, win or lose, to be one where he didn't have a fellow Spurs fan around.

Besides, if it all goes well then we'll be surrounded by a hundred thousand jubilant yiddo's for the victory parade. That'll do as consolation for not being with my usual mates for the game :)

Seriously, my heart starts beating faster every time I think about this game. Nervous tension is building...zero sleep tonight guaranteed. I don't think I can stomach watching all the build up shows and pre-match stuff (just the team news and game). But will record everything and hopefully gorge for the next few days...

I need to remember to record BT Sports 3 tonight at 10:30 for the recap of the Ajax away leg.

My memory of that 2nd half is... eh... hazy.
They had it on last night as well. I was just about to go to bed, then saw that had just started and stayed up another hour to watch it. Once the winning goal went in I got way too excited to go to sleep and was laying in bed daydreaming about how it would feel to see Hugo lift the cup. Feel absolutely knackered this morning, but it's worth it!

Back
Top Bottom