When we helped relegate Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at that game with my little sis, started at the back of Park Lane, got pushed to the front by the sheer number of people, and ended up on the edge of the pitch when the players came out.
Don't recall much of the game TBH, but I do remember the excitement and emotion of the occasion.
As mentioned in the music thread, we all sang Bye Bye Chelsea at the end, probably the only time so many men sang along to the Bay City Rollers!!

I was at that game with my little sis, started at the back of Park Lane, got pushed to the front by the sheer number of people, and ended up on the edge of the pitch when the players came out.
Don't recall much of the game TBH, but I do remember the excitement and emotion of the occasion.
As mentioned in the music thread, we all sang Bye Bye Chelsea at the end, probably the only time so many men sang along to the Bay City Rollers!!

I was in the Shelf together with a very innocent Mrs B who stared at me jumping around thanking God, Terry Wogan or anyone else
A few Chavs in there but were just treated to plenty of verbal abuse
Happy days!!

Was in the Paxton with my father that day.
Can still visualise the fans coming on to the pitch from the Park Lane.
By and large - our home form was terrible that season.

BTW... it was fantastic to hear Alfie being interviewed on the Spurs Show about his time at WHL. He was asked about his cult status and the esteem that Tottenham fans held him, and put it down to his playing style being in the 'Spurs Way'. This was definitely part of it, but I believe that his long locks and straggly beard endeared him to the fans 'cos basically he looked just like one of us.

BTW... it was fantastic to hear Alfie being interviewed on the Spurs Show about his time at WHL. He was asked about his cult status and the esteem that Tottenham fans held him, and put it down to his playing style being in the 'Spurs Way'. This was definitely part of it, but I believe that his long locks and straggly beard endeared him to the fans 'cos basically he looked just like one of us.

I always think of the gates to the away end as you turned from the High road into Park Lane and spray painted on them was 'Alfie Conn is god'. Indelibly etched in my memory.

Was still there a few years after he left.

speak for yourself!!
:sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom