What's the worst goal we have conceded?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Season 1 Idk GIF by The Come Up

Great goal but have to admit hazard equalizer in top corner really hurt. Annoying as well at 2 nil up we just stood off them 2nd half instead of going for the kill.
I remember I fell out with half the forum. As I thought it was better to carry on playing smart & see out the game. Others loved us playing dirty & fouling because it showed heart & fight. I thought we played in to their hands & stopped play good attacking football & lost our heads.

For me, it was the bullshit handball in the CL final. I'm not sure Mane was trying to hit it, but he wasn't trying to shoot or cross it, either. It was a curler heading out of the box. Quite literally a stunning moment and cemented a fucking awful decline.

painful one for sure and it killed the game as a spectacle as Liverpool just shut up shop then and with a finished Dele, slow fullbacks and a half dead kane and a midfield duo of SISSOKO AND WINKS starting a CL final (if you can believe that) we had nothing to break them down

I assume sissiko is telling trip to go on the outside as he is expecting mane to dribble past him rather than aimlessly cross , so sissko can cover and stop him from cutting inside and shooting

This actually makes me certain we were a much kinder fan base pre social media. Compared to the stick Royale gets this stuff is next level abd he wasn't routinely abused.
Different time altogether

Although Gomes did have one season in particular where he was superb , think he still holds a record for lowest amount of goals conceded at the Lane in a full season , something like 9

For me, it was the bullshit handball in the CL final. I'm not sure Mane was trying to hit it, but he wasn't trying to shoot or cross it, either. It was a curler heading out of the box. Quite literally a stunning moment and cemented a fucking awful decline.

This, and Lloris breaking his own arm/throwing the ball into our goal at Brighton felt like the beginning of the end of the Pochettino era.

This, and Lloris breaking his own arm/throwing the ball into our goal at Brighton felt like the beginning of the end of the Pochettino era.
The beginning of the end of the Pochettino era is his frankly shameful pre final interview. Quite the oddest thing I've ever seen a coach do. Much as I love him, I still( partly why I don't want him back really) think it revealed a genuine mental instability in the bloke.

Back
Top Bottom