What Would Your First XI be?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming all are fit and on form?
Sorry if this has been done recently but I'm new and searched at least 3 and a half pages before I got bored.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Fryers, Sandro, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Townsend, Adebayor][/formation]

My reasoning for Townsend's inclusion is that he would provide width on the left. I actually
think he is more effective on the left as he doesn't cut inside and blast in over the bar as much.

Sandro is essential and I think he would allow Eriksen to flourish in the middle. He is wasted out on the left IMO. Eriksen and Lamela are two of the most promising young attacking players in European football and our team should be built around them.

Fryers as I just don't rate Rose. Poor defensively and no threat going forward. Walker provides the width on the right.

Paulinho in the #10 role as he has shown that he is at his best supporting the striker. (He was brilliant there in the 1st half against Utd at home)

That team is probably not that solid... But fuck it, i like to be entertained.

------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Rose
------------Sandro---Dembele------------
Lamela--------Paulinho----------Eriksen
----------------Adebayor-------------------

Walker---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Fryers
Lennon--------Paulinho----------Eriksen

Agree. This is our best team, aching for Lamela and Kaboul to play regularly. If i was to tinker with their skill set - Lamela to LM, Paulinho RM and Eriksen AM.
I have been disappointed so far TS has not trialled Paulie on wide right, can score a few goals, got a bit of speed has a few tricks and as we know a bit weak on the tackles - an upgrade on Lennon.

Agree. This is our best team, aching for Lamela and Kaboul to play regularly. If i was to tinker with their skill set - Lamela to LM, Paulinho RM and Eriksen AM.
I have been disappointed so far TS has not trialled Paulie on wide right, can score a few goals, got a bit of speed has a few tricks and as we know a bit weak on the tackles - an upgrade on Lennon.
Really don't think Pauli's attributes suit a wing role. Not agile enough for me.

Lamela needs to play in the hole it's where he plays best.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor][/formation]

Home:

Lloris
Kaboul___Vertonghen
Walker_______Sandro_______Rose
Paulinho_____Eriksen
Lamela
Adebayor___Soldado

Away:

Lloris
Walker___Kaboul___Vertonghen___Rose
Sandro
Paulinho____Dembele
Lamela_______________Eriksen
Adebayor​

Until we get a proper LW, and can shift Eriksen to his proper position, this is the best option.

with a squad our size and as talented as the are.. who gives a fuck. Lloris and 10 who are up for it most. Chuck a few red bulls down em and point em in the direction of the goal.

-Hugo, who else? Gomes???
-Walker, no doubt
-Vlad, hes the impaler
-Super Jan, i like superman
-Erm, some left back. All are shit anyways, but dRose will get the nod for that arseanal goal.
-Beast beacause im scared of what he will do to me.
-Mousa, cuz i like him and hes Belgian
-Eriksen, still cant belive hes playing for us. Dreamy
- Lamela, same as eriksen
- Andros, english international aand he thinks hes a poor mans bale plus dude can run fast.
-Emmanuel because fuck arseanal.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Carroll, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Adebayor][/formation]

Let's score some fucking goals.

Lamela needs to play in the hole it's where he plays best.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor][/formation]

Would definitely go for this away from home and against strong opposition at home.

But against park-the-bus teams I still think we're better with two wingers and two strikers.

Something like:

[formation=442, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertongen, Rose, Lennon, Sandro, Eriksen, Townsend*, Soldado*, Adebayor][/formation]

*could be replaced with Lamela depending on where he is more comfortable.

The thing with bentaleb is that he's just not ready yet, should be playing cup games and maybe europa, no denying he's talented though. On the main subject here, i feel that ade, soldado and eriksen are all musts as they have so much fluency with each other. I also want lamela in which leaves 2 other mids, maybe dembo/pauli plus sandro i guess

020314120754.png

:levywhoa:

[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen][/formation]

Eriksen and Lamela would be coming inside quite a lot so they wouldn't be traditional wingers.

Back
Top Bottom