What would you do if you were manager of the current squad?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone who has read some of my previous posts will know I’m no fan of Mourinho’s but nobody can argue with his achievements in the game over the past 20 years.

A few months ago the team were looking awesome

Kane and Sonny thriving up top

Dier at long last looking like a rock at the back

Ndombele thriving box to box and linking the play as he did at Lyon.

Big results against the Manchester clubs

I think Mourinho has made some excellent acquisitions too in Hoijberg and Reguilon.

It’s just not working out for whatever reason not all the team are buying into his like it or not (proven winning formulas) yes it’s negative counter attacking bullshit to watch parking the bus but he has always won at all his previous clubs.

If you were manager of the club right now what would you do to improve our car crash of a season?

For me personally I’m so disappointed with Mourinho’s under usage of Steve Bergwijn and Carlos Vinicius I would play them both a lot between now and the end of the season to have a better idea in what direction we might be heading in come next season.

They are both worldies who need game time and are every inch as good as Mane/ Salah.
While I'm up for giving them more game time, there's zero reason to believe Bergwijn and Vinicius are anywhere near the level of Mane and Salah. I honestly can't tell if you're taking the piss there.

My First training session would be conducted like this to get the frustrated players highlighted. .

giphy.gif

I'd find out what 'low block' means, then get rid of it, because it obviously doesn't work.

I would then stop the cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, etc in training, as they should be practising the actual game, not fannying around.

Lastly, I would introduce a performance-related pay scheme - no performance, no pay! *

* The last point would be introduced across the whole of football, by the way. :)

Anyone who has read some of my previous posts will know I’m no fan of Mourinho’s but nobody can argue with his achievements in the game over the past 20 years.

I think Mourinho has made some excellent acquisitions too in Hoijberg and Reguilon.

It’s just not working out for whatever reason not all the team are buying into his like it or not (proven winning formulas) yes it’s negative counter attacking bullshit to watch parking the bus but he has always won at all his previous clubs.

If you were manager of the club right now what would you do to improve our car crash of a season?

For me personally I’m so disappointed with Mourinho’s under usage of Steve Bergwijn and Carlos Vinicius I would play them both a lot between now and the end of the season to have a better idea in what direction we might be heading in come next season.

They are both worldies who need game time and are every inch as good as Mane/ Salah.
You're out of your mind if you genuinely think Vinicius & Bergwijn are anywhere near the level of Mane and Salah

They are both worldies who need game time and could be every inch as good as Mane/ Salah.

Last edited:
Ask to be given 4 transfer windows and the backing to sell 10-15 of the squad and bring in players to replace them who are not mentally damaged and actually have football ability and a brain.

Nothing can be done to salvage this squad it's the same squad who got Poch sacked after all. It just really is bar 5 or so players shite

While I'm up for giving them more game time, there's zero reason to believe Bergwijn and Vinicius are anywhere near the level of Mane and Salah. I honestly can't tell if you're taking the piss there.

Berg was also given plenty of time he's played 25 games and has 0 goals or assists, and wasn't like he had 0 chances in those games. His confidence is just shot. Likely not helped be Mourinho playing his as a defensive winger admittedly

I know we can all write a get rid of list etc and we all know that list contains

Lloris

Winks

Davies

Alli

Etc
Etc

But the end of the day they are with us until the end of this season atleast so what would you do to improve things right now and see us perform at the levels we should be
Why on earth would we get rid of Lloris? I can't figure out if you're being a troll or not. He's made mistakes, sure, but he has also single-handedly saved us 3 points on many occasions. See the shite defence as the reason for that.

Dump Lloris, but give Vinni and Berg starting slots (because they are as good as Mane and Salah?

I really, really need some of what you are on today. PM me. I pay bitcoin.

If Austin is not our on loan id put him on the bench ahead of Hart. Id also put Devine and Scarlett in the match day squad with Laviner made understudy to Aurier Docherty and Hart and Winks would be told inform your agents you need clubs. They would have access to senior squad facilities stopped.

Id tell Toby Rodon Tanganga Sanchez they are the four CB till seasons end and play them in full and sevens practice matches to decide which side suits which pairing.

Id switch to four three three with N'dombele PHE and Locelso the first choice mid. Id play Kane Bale Son ahead of them...but id start giving Vinicius fifteen min cameos whatever the state of the game score wise. With either of the starting three pulled for him every game limiting their mins to 75mins one in three.

Cirkin would now be made Reguilons understudy with Davis used only as a left centerback in extremis.
Id start drilling the attacking unit in movements ment to optimise quick progression through the thirds with Kane as a pure nine. Id work on Locelso and N'dombele taking it in turns to arrive in the box for late runs from deep.

Id drop the low block as Eric Dier would never play for me again. Id put Reguilon and Locelso on free kicks and corners respectively. Id start practicing set pieces with the Centre-backs and defensive mids. Even Moyes has this working for West ham. Id tell Hoijberge to calm the fuck down then id make him captain. I tell the players its time to attack our opponents and enjoy their football.

Back
Top Bottom