what will happen to tim?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if Liverpool pump us again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really any appropriate options there I don't think.. You can't sack a manager based on one result alone, so any of these decisions would be based around the other results.

If we lose every single game until then and then get a 6-0 pasting, I think almost everyone would agree he should be sacked. If we win every single game but lose that one 6-0 then it's not reflective of his work and he should be kept.

I definitely don't think he'll make it to the start of next season, but sacking him at any point this year would be a mockery, it'd leave us in the same position we were in when AVB was sacked where there is nobody decent available.

Sherwood is a little man with delusions of granduer. He has been in levy's ear the past two years moaning and whining about how things should be done. If he can't do a better job than AVB then it is goodbye on the last day of this season.Enough damage has been done to THFC.

Last edited:
Sherwood is a little man with delusions of granduer. He has been in levy's ear the past two years moaning and whining about how things should be done. If he can't do a better job than AVB then it is goodbye on the last day of this season.Enough damage has been done to THFC.

Of course he has, your false prophet didnt even last 2 years so thats wrong for a start.

If anyone is a little man with delusions of granduer its the bloke with the ginger beard.

If we end up fifth or below, we 'relieve' TS as soon as the season is over, get his replacement sorted PROPERLY and swiftly so the players know who's coming in. Ideally, a pre agreement with Louis van Gaal ( my personal favourite) to join us when the WC ends. I think its vital the players (and us!!) know what the fuck will be happening and we can get some stability in straight away.

Balls. Fucking. Deep. :llorishuh:

On the contrary, that's the exact reason to judge him and why he's appointment was so risky. But that doesn't mean AVB should've stayed. It simply raises the question of whether or not Weasel should've got the job,
But surely if Tim's appointment was risky, and there is cause to question whether he should have got the job at all, then these very doubts are reason to suggest AVB should have stayed.

But surely if Tim's appointment was risky, and there is cause to question whether he should have got the job at all, then these very doubts are reason to suggest AVB should have stayed.
Not at all. It is entirely possible to believe that AVB had to go without thinking that Weasel was the solution. When AVB was sacked the decision as to who would take over had not yet been made (or so we were led to believe). I think AVB wasn't getting it right for a number of reasons. It just doesn't make sense to me in installing someone of less experience. I don't understand the business logic behind it. I had assumed that if Levy was going to sack AVB then he had a plan to replace him.

What an embarrassing thread.
Agree. Lets debate a completely theoretical and unlikely possibility.

Here's one - what if we lose the next 3 games 10-0, but then Sherwood plays up top for the rest of the season and scores 62 goals. Can we keep him on then?

:defoe:

Not at all. It is entirely possible to believe that AVB had to go without thinking that Weasel was the solution. When AVB was sacked the decision as to who would take over had not yet been made (or so we were led to believe). I think AVB wasn't getting it right for a number of reasons. It just doesn't make sense to me in installing someone of less experience. I don't understand the business logic behind it. I had assumed that if Levy was going to sack AVB then he had a plan to replace him.

Well this is the point, a very large part of the decision to sack AVB should be "can we get a better replacement?" On the basis Levy sounded out potential replacements and presumably came up with nothing, Levy would then have to weigh up the situation we were in and decide if it was precarious enough to need to put us in a situation where we have but one viable option and he is a complete unknown in terms of managerial ability.

Personally, I don't think the situation was ever that precarious and the risk of Tim was greater than persisting with AVB. Yes, there was a chance we would not make top 4 if things had continued as they were, but...well, there is no way to know what might of happened regardless of the views of many who end their posts with the word 'fact' in uppercase. For those of us that don't think the risk was worth it there is a further annoyance about the whole situation as the demand placed on AVB don't seem to apply to his successor and there now seems to be a school of thought that suggests if Tim doesn't make top 4 it's ok because...

I think the fact we spent no money in January and sold nobody speaks volumes about his future. He'll be gone in the summer for hopefully LvG. The summer can't come quick enough.

If he gets 4th, he deserves to stay, even if pool destroy us again. Anything worse than that, I think he should be sacked. We were even on points with Liverpool going into this week for 4th place. Asking him to finish ahead of them is reasonable IMO.

it was telling that he only got an 18 month contract, which points to a cheap pay off at the end of the season.
Isn't he only ("only" in context to the norm) on £500k/year anyway? Didin't they say the 18m was worth £750k? So that would be the cheap pay off side. Wouldn't surprise me if the Levmeister general had outwitted the cheeky novice with a get out clause

Should we finish 5th or lower, then I think the appointment of LvG, will be the only chance of us keeping, Loris, Vert, Sandro, Paulie , Lamela, Soldado etc! And that's the worry! For me the top 3, like it or not, are nailed on! City, Chelski and Woolwich! We do have a chance still (of course) of 4th. But we have to get Sandro back playing un-interrupted football and Soldado scoring. That and the capitulation of Liverpool!!

If only you got points for your managers (mis-placed) self-belief! We would cruse to the title!!

Back
Top Bottom