what summer signings would you like to see?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HUntelaar only one year left on contract- only really has England to do in his tour of duty

One signing I hope we at least thinking about- and have mentioned before is Alder- on a freebie- was German No1 before World Cup but broke his arm and he is leaving Leverkusen- Cannort seeing him staying in Germany- Maybe Milan need a keeper but hardly a risk if we have a sniff

Madrid will have a clear out- and they have some decent young players - granero, Leon- plus Sahin must be on way out - or on way back to Dortmund

So even if we cant get top dollar in a clear out or crash and burn out of top 4- the chance to refresh the squad is there- but the Manager is the key- Redkanpp likes a trip abroad cannot see Moyes going further than Camber Sands Caravan Park.

How about Affelay at Barcelona? I know he picked up and injury but I remember he was linked (whatever that means) around January for him and he can cover right and left or behind the front man.

All depends where we finish. If we finish 3rd. I can see the cheque book out. Vertonghen, hazard and llorente. 4th will not garuntee us but if chelsea lose then well go for same calibre of player and if we finish 5th rohan ricketts and dean marney

Like to see and THINK we'll see I guess are two very different things, but i've got a funny feeling 'Arry will bring Robbo back as 2nd/3rd cover, (if he'll have us?) now that Blackburn are down, and most probably 'cos Gomess is soon gonna be gawn!

JamieG17 said:
All depends where we finish. If we finish 3rd. I can see the cheque book out. Vertonghen, hazard and llorente. 4th will not garuntee us but if chelsea lose then well go for same calibre of player and if we finish 5th rohan ricketts and dean marney
We won't get the cheque-book out with Redknapp at the helm. Not for any 'massive' signing anyway- we'll get one or two £6m/£7m signings i'd expect.

Hopefully Vertonghen (looks like it could go either way at the moment) - and then a reasonably-priced striker. I'm still holding out for my man-crush Soldado but i'd be interested to see more of Remy or the other bloke from France (however, i'm resigned to getting Steven Fletcher). On top of that I can also see us getting Hoilett and Robinson, as mentioned.

Well having just seen that we might need a new left back I'd go for Dortmund's Marcel Schmelzer, the fact that Germany have Lahm in that position would mean that he wouldn't get much attention during the Euros would mean his price wouldn't rise too much. But then again I don't think many people will be leaving Dortmund at the moment. Barrios who would have been a great signing has already headed off to China to cash in on €6.5m a year.

Other than that, Eden Hazard would be great, although if he were to go to City maybe Adam Johnson would become available?

Andre Schuerrle of Leverkusen has been linked with Chelsea, he's a pretty handy player too. Heaps of pace and can play on either wing or up front, wouldn't mind snatching him from under Chelsea's noses.

Belgian Spur said:
Thelonious said:
We ain't getting Llorente regardless of where we finish, we don't have the wages to get these type of players.

i hate you :vdvcry:
454634.jpg

I would think Llorente would be available for slightly lower wages than Adebayor.

The bigger problem, I believe, would be prising him away from Athletic.

I'd imagine Llorente would be available for a much more reasonable wage than Adebayor. The transfer fee might be trickier.

Berbatov, for me, remains the best player likely to be available for a knock down price in the summer. He's 31 now (32 in Jan) but I can see him playing well for another 2-3 years. Not sure if he would see us as a viable move though.

Just been reading a review of the season and there is one player likely to be available in the summer that struck me as being a typical Harry type - Yakubu

Back
Top Bottom