what summer signings would you like to see?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so the season ends and we win the double... then what?

who do we sign to keep us at the top?

i for one dont think adebayor will stay and saha is too old to be around for too long.
i know there are some top names with big price tags being flung around but i for one
would like to see klaas jan huntelaar sign for spurs in the summer.
he is big, he can use both feet, he is great in the air, he can play equally well as a lone
striker or in a strike pair, he would come at a fraction of the price of the "big" names
we are currently associated with even though none of those "big" names have played in the EPL
or proven themselves beyond being possible great players. huntelaar has a great track record, aside
from 2-3 dismal seasons in spain. and he is currently tie for top goal scorer in the bundesliga.
whats not to sign? i think i need to send DL a letter and point him in the right direction...

Saw some Schalke games and he did not really impress me tbf

I d like Hazard , Cavani, Higauin (if that is how you write it) or even Demba Ba (who apparantly has a liberation clause of 8.5 million) and a young LB cover.

ps if we somehow discover the fountain of youth i d sign Raul and rejuvinate the King

I reckon with Caulker coming back, we should be set for CB. We need a viable backup for Friedel, as both Gomes and Cudicini could leave on frees (and neither is a sufficiently sexy long-term solution). I don't know how good the keepers we've sent out on loan are, but I do like Krul and Vorm, even if Krul is an oafish version of Kranjčar.

If we send out Naughton again, we won't have backup for Walker (other than Kaboul, which might be imperfect). Rose backing up the left side seems imperfect but feasible, and if Bale is out, one of the Croatians can step in there. (They all play the same, don't you know?)

The pressing needs are the Lennon replacement/spur in the side and the goal scoring machine up front. Adebayor will probably be too expensive, even if we swing a deal where half of his transfer fee goes to him. At least it'll rob Flav of a rant topic.

So yeah. Most importantly, we need a new Adebayor. Secondly, a new Lennon (not since Azza's shit, but since he's hurt a bit, and he could use the competition). Third, a keeper. Fourth, something on the left. The rest will be covered by a fully fit Jenas.

Goalkeeper
Pacy wing option
Striker
Back up left back

That is assuming that Gomes, Cudicini, and Adebayor leave.

I would like to see Smith has back-up RB. Not convinced with Rose at left back myself and could see him going out on loan for the year.

GK: Krul Friedel Carlo

RB: Walker, Naughton
LB: Ekotto, Rose
CB: Kaboul, King, Daws Caulker, Gallas, Nelsen

MID: Modric, Parker, VDV, Sandro, Kranjcar, Livermore, Hudd

ATT: Bale, Cavani, Lennon, Hamsik, Saha, Defoe

I don't see a weakness in that squad

2 big attacking signings and a keeper and we're sorted

Buying from Napoli is almost impossible , the owner is not known for being willing to sell. They came back from the gutter and he is willing to go a long way to prevent them sliding back down again.

Cavani and Hamsik will be ridiculously expensive

A cheaper version of Hazard would be the Japanses wonderkid from Dortmund , Kagawa. Seen him play and was really impressed. If we were to need an attacking midfield player that is

It all depends on who our manager is. Mourinho takes over and a bid for Higuain or Benzema might not be too daft. Cavani is superb, in fact all three of Napoli's attackers are brilliant but if they qualify for the CL won't be going anywhere.

Krul is a good shout and Sturridge could be done.

I still say we bid for van Persie...he is a cunt but I thought Gallas and Adebayor were cunts too.

Dannyboy said:
It all depends on who our manager is. Mourinho takes over and a bid for Higuain or Benzema might not be too daft. Cavani is superb, in fact all three of Napoli's attackers are brilliant but if they qualify for the CL won't be going anywhere.

Krul is a good shout and Sturridge could be done.

I still say we bid for van Persie...he is a cunt but I thought Gallas and Adebayor were cunts too.

Will be a little more difficult for them this season with Italy losing a spot in the CL, they're 6th as it stands. Only a 5pt difference though.

I feel like Friedel will be good for another year at least. Will probably need someone in at CB. Nelsen is old, King is always injured and Gallas looks like he'll move on some time soon as well. Vertonghen could do a job, he looks a rather good CB. We'll probably still have a go for Samba too.

In the middle, we seem well covered enough. Maybe a winger as backup/competition for Bale or Lennon though, again we could either go foreign with Hazard or stay in the UK and go with Hoilett.

Up front will be the biggest gamble. We only own one striker at the moment and he seems to be lowest down the pecking order. To be fair, replacing the impact Adebayor has had will probably be the most difficult thing we have to do this summer. The likes of Remy, Leandro and Llorente have all been linked, but we have no idea how they might work, which scares me a fair bit.

Soldado at Valencia has been having another excellent season....would Falcao be willing to leave Spain after one season? Unlikely and I have read that when he isn't scoring he is as useful a suncream in Aberdeen.

Falcao has a ridiculous buyout now. 90m€, I think. I don't suspect he's going anywhere until Atletico feels they need to move him. There are, I have to believe, cheaper options that are as good and younger.

Cavani and Hazard if we want to be taken seriously for the title. Either Krul or Vorm would be a great replacement for Friedal. Agree with Windy that Rose isnt the greatest cover for left back and needs more first team football in the premier league, like a loan. Cover for right back I don't see as a major problem, we can play Kaboul there or recall (which i gather they will be on loan again next season) Naughton or Smith. And lastly as for the centre back we will have caulker back or we can try an sign Vertongen. :harryhmm: :levywtf:

I remember 2 years ago when we were linked with Cavani in 2010 along with Kjaer from Palermo.

We should have bought him then when he was about 15 Million.

I'd like to see Damiao and a winger who can play both sides.

I liked the look of Shaqiri from Basel but he's already signed a deal for Munich. Hazard is good but he won't be cheap to buy.

A good young goalkeeper to provide backup/take over from Friedel. He cant have much longer left in him to keep playing in the prem.

Back
Top Bottom