WHAT PLEASES YOU THE MOST ABOUT FOOTBALL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lets get positive and look at things that are good for the game.
The foam spray for free kucks.
Goal line tech.
VAR could be good, working progress.
?
I agree with VAR. I've seen so many decisions to make me question footballs integrity over the years. Got to be a good thing when they get it working properly.

The community. Going to a game and spending 90 minutes standing next to strangers who you've never seen before in your life whilst having the chemistry of two life-long best friends, then when we score you celebrate with them as though that chemistry suddenly became a reality and you're two friends who have known each other for years.

The retreat from our busy lives. Spending a weekend at the pub with friends you only see on that one day to watch the sport you love.

The happiness something as silly as football can actually bring into my life, and the sadness has a bitter-sweet essence of emotions behind it.

International tournaments like the World cup and Euros, seeing the England flags or your country being represented everywhere you go, the empty streets at kick off. There's a real aura in the air when England are playing at a world cup and you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Even if you don't care for the national team, you can't help but feel it.

The community. Going to a game and spending 90 minutes standing next to strangers who you've never seen before in your life whilst having the chemistry of two life-long best friends, then when we score you celebrate with them as though that chemistry suddenly became a reality and you're two friends who have known each other for years.

The retreat from our busy lives. Spending a weekend at the pub with friends you only see on that one day to watch the sport you love.

The happiness something as silly as football can actually bring into my life, and the sadness has a bitter-sweet essence of emotions behind it.

International tournaments like the World cup and Euros, seeing the England flags or your country being represented everywhere you go, the empty streets at kick off. There's a real aura in the air when England are playing at a world cup and you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Even if you don't care for the national team, you can't help but feel it.
You just absolutely nailed it for me.

Full blooded hard but fair tackles, and the person getting up afterwards not trying to get card for the tackler... Bit of respect between each other, is nice as quite rare at least in the PL.

The thing I love the most is watching us play and we are all just on it. A yard quicker than them, winning everything, even Eriksen is hurling himself into headers and winning them, we have a swagger about us and are cutting the opposition to shreds. Its so lovely watching us play like that. Even better when we are doing it and have been written off completely.

I have a bleak outlook regarding England and us in international tournaments, but I'm like a kid when they arrive finally.
All the past failures are erased, and its like there is something mystical about it in a way. Hope is renewed too which is dangerous!

I like watching as many of the matches as possible, its awesome how some of the less fancied countries can elevate their game sometimes. Like the Iran - Argentina WC 2014 game for example, what a good game it was. They could have won it, defended really well only to be done by a magical Messi strike from 25 yards in the 89th minute. That is the beauty and heartache of football summed up right there. I felt gutted for Iran but amazed by Messi.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. As soon as I get over my Tottenham hump I’ll be glad to fuck it all off completely. And I’ll pretend to people whom I’m yet to meet that I hate football and I’ve never known anything about it. This defensive strategy will bear more fruit than jumping into a conversation like an excited Labrador puppy, and declaring (like Blair) that I want Aston Villa to win the European challenge trophy semi-final. Football is fucked - the Internet proves it.

Such a shame.

It’s every thread. What happened to you man?

Have you thought about hypnotherapy? Maybe you blanked out what happened when you were younger? I think you can get this treatment on the NHS mate.

Would you like me to look into this for you?

Back
Top Bottom