What owners would you prefer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What owners would you prefer ?

• Total voters
Imagine the potential cross-promotion synergy at Easter time:

Hot-cross-buns-.jpg

HotSpur X Buns anyone?

We could get in fisticuffs with the Hammers though if Musk tells the players to steal their poncey X arms as a celebration.

I'm fully on board with the sports washers. They are the only ones who will invest properly into the team. All the others will be looking at the balance sheet. I want to win some trophies and dont care how we do it. None of us are getting any younger.

(Did think about trolling some members on here and clicking ENIC though for a second!)

I have morals and ethics, but my love for Spurs goes way beyond that. I'm voting for 3. There's no other way in today's game.

It's now or never,
There's no debate.
It's an oil and gas state,
My love won't wait.
Tomorrow will be too late
It's an oil/gas state
My love won't wait.

Testing the boundaries on this one: Does this mean that you'd be okay with it, if that owner also used their wealth to bribe opponent and match officials, and use PEDs within our squad? With it being borderline public knowledge, but unprovable by the powers that be.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, very well put.

My issue with that thought, then, is that with 3 running the shop 2 will still be inadequate and ultimately futile.
Over the long term yes, as I don't see it getting any better if you're after sustained success.

I think we'd all love to see a capped game, Worldwide, where your Football acumen is the decider. That would be true competition.

We'll never see that in our lifetime though, so until we're bought out by another spendthrift nation trying to buy acceptance, we'll always be an also ran in this landscape.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't try though. We might not have their financial muscle, but we still have muscle. What we need is the smarts to maximise that muscle when the situation presents itself.

I hesitate to use Brighton as a comparison, as this seems to upset some people's 'stature' perception, but the fact is that they really are the perfect example of a well run club. Imagine if we had that kind of leadership and vision, coupled with the financial muscle we also have, with a leader who is both financially sensible, but also prepared to hedge against future earnings or sales? We still might not be in the powerhouse elite bracket, but we'd be a constant thorn in their sides.

It's always seemed strange to me that the richer a club gets, the dumber it gets. Look at what Barca have done to themselves, the debt RM racked up getting their 'Galactico's,' Chelsea racking up £2Bn of debt (if you also include the debt they had when RA bought them), Man Utd over the last 10 years, Liverpool before that, us over the last 5 years. I don't include City in this as, despite them almost certainly being found guilty of at least one of their 100+ breaches, they have had a smart plan in place that has ensured their money is, as near as damn it, maximised. Corrupt their ownership may be, dumb they're not when it comes to their Football operations.

Not incompetent, fraudster ones. Why isn't that an option? Even oneswho don't invest a penny of their own cash but actually know what they're doing beyond properties and a stadium and concerts would be great.
Because the question is "what owners do you want ?".
Nobody wants incompetent, fraudster ones.

:contearms:

Simple really.

Apart from one very obvious multi, that is.

Edit:
Btw, I think this proves the point that there are no "Enic in" posters.
:adethumbup:

Testing the boundaries on this one: Does this mean that you'd be okay with it, if that owner also used their wealth to bribe opponent and match officials, and use PEDs within our squad? With it being borderline public knowledge, but unprovable by the powers that be.
Did we win a cup?

Think an option is missing.

Media Sports Rights Buy out.

Company who can maximise streams of live events, or associating capitalisation of Music and Sports events.

Amazon could crudely fall into this, Prime Arena, more events put on and broadcast from there.

This corporate sludge, is the only one I think would work (ideally some Spurs fan who has run a stream of ethical tech, now wants to base his empire upon us! Not too much to ask…

Edit:
Btw, I think this proves the point that there are no "Enic in" posters.
:adethumbup:

I think it just proves that ENIC have reached the point of unpopularity where people won't admit outright they support them ... like the Tories!

My point was that whether they invest some of their own money or only the clubs, my major concern would be are they good at running a football club on the sporting side? FSG are tight bastards and some silly Liverpool fans want them gone, but fundamentally they're smart people who, other than a few mis-steps, have made excellent decisions for the football team.

ENIC used to be quite good at this but then I think their methods became outdated and they haven't adapted since. If the people in charge pocket some profits but our transfer business is more hit than miss and we're getting the coaches right, nobody will care much.

I would happily bribe match officials to win 7-0 at the emirates

3 should be oil /gas state or mad/corrupt/scummy billionaire. Then I'd vote for that. Either that or accept that we are the good guys and will never win anything again.

TBH nobody else gives a shit anymore about FFP, etc. so I don't either.
Right now we are not the good guys but also we wont win.

Option 6 for me. I want the club to run itself sustainably but not for wizened hobbits to constantly come up with excuses whilst broadening their portfolios at the expense of competing when the opportunity arises.

I was sick of the bridesmaid tag under Poch.

I’m more sick of not even being the fucking bridesmaid any longer.

We need to spend and spend smarter than some of the other clubs. Not plough money into “off the pitch” ventures at the expense of on the pitch success.

No Spurs fan really gives a fuck if we have an underground city underneath the pitch. All these side interests take away from what the owners should really be focussing on.

Great if these side interests generate money to put back into the club. I get that. But success on the pitch should provide the platform for these side interests whilst providing more success on the pitch, not at the expense of it.

My issue with ENIC in recent years hasn’t been lack of spend, we’ve just been godawful at spending it wisely.

Would be more than happy to be taken over by owners who equally don’t investment any of their own funds, but are actually competent on the football side of things.

Back
Top Bottom