What happened end of 2019 season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It all started earlier. There was this win at Goodison Park in December 2018 and from there on something changed. The final was great, but we were incredibly lucky. I asked myself dozens of times what exactly happened in the winter of 18/19.
Yep I remember that game. It was a great game, but from then on it felt like a turning point. Like we have not played to the best of our ability in 90% of our games since then..regardless if we won or not. Whereas the few seasons leading up to that game it was almost the opposite..

Everything went out the fucking window after Dembele got hurt in October or November, that's what fucking happened.
This

He was clearly the leader and best player. Every player on the team had the utmost respect for Dembele. There was zero doubt about who was driving Spurs forward while he was with us. Once he left, egos no doubt got in the way. Shame he’s not around anymore to put others in place.

Last edited:
This

He was clearly the leader and best player. Every player on the team had the utmost respect for Dembele. There was zero doubt about who was driving Spurs forward while he was with us. Once he left, egos no doubt got in the way. Shame he’s not around anymore to put others in place.

Holy shit, I wonder if there's been almost been a power vaccum that everyone's been battling over since he's gone.

for me it went wrong after the 2018 world cup, we had 9 players there and so had played high level both playing & mental for 18+ months
from the start of that 18/19 season many of the players were not right (trippier Eriksen were 2 that never regained their pre-WC form)
then form November onwards lots appeared to hit the wall, Poch was with the players he had there stat's he maybe should have got new backup players in on loan at start of season, maybe given players a longer rest meaning we lost a few early season games (but you need to get the supporters and the media onboard, the media because they need to fill their pages/tv/radio with content once they have the truth from the main man there is little content so they move on to the next team)

Everything went out the fucking window after Dembele got hurt in October or November, that's what fucking happened.

Yeah a fit and on form Dembele covered so many other issues, he was for a while the best player in the league away from home - those scrappy games against the lower teams were easy when he played.

Back
Top Bottom