What are we going to spend our £50m on? (Hypothetically....)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those guitars that are like...double guitars.
nah..the twin neck 12/6 strings are so passe these days.

we want some of these:

images

images

Back to the OP

Erikson (18-20)
Soldado (30)
Shaw/Coentrao (money gotten from transfer of BAE + Parker/Hudd)
Guidetti - (money gotten from transfer of Defoe)

Back to the OP

Erikson (18-20)
Soldado (30)
Shaw/Coentrao (money gotten from transfer of BAE + Parker/Hudd)
Guidetti - (money gotten from transfer of Defoe)
Why you fixate so much on an average Eriksen is something I just cannot understand. Had it been a year or two ago I would've understood it as he looked to be an incredible prospect, but he has stagnated and gone from being linked to all the top clubs to barely being linked away from Ajax at all.

Why you fixate so much on an average Eriksen is something I just cannot understand. Had it been a year or two ago I would've understood it as he looked to be an incredible prospect, but he has stagnated and gone from being linked to all the top clubs to barely being linked away from Ajax at all.

You probably watch Eriksen more than I do. I catch the occasional Ajax CL game rerun. What I've seen/read about him, he seems to be very, very good. He seemed to be able to go right at a guy, similar to Dembele, but be able to beat him with skill rather then Dembele's muscle. He'd be a clear different option for CAM than what we have. I've heard less of Eriksen and usually attributed that to Fischer becoming the more higher potential and better prospect. Maybe i'm wrong and that it is Eriksen also stalling.

I haven't seen that much of Fischer, but i hear that he is a LW. Does he play in the middle at all? If he is basically exclusively a LW then he wouldn't be of much value to us because of Lennon/Townsend/Chaldi

You probably watch Eriksen more than I do. I catch the occasional Ajax CL game rerun. What I've seen/read about him, he seems to be very, very good. He seemed to be able to go right at a guy, similar to Dembele, but be able to beat him with skill rather then Dembele's muscle. He'd be a clear different option for CAM than what we have. I've heard less of Eriksen and usually attributed that to Fischer becoming the more higher potential and better prospect. Maybe i'm wrong and that it is Eriksen also stalling.

I haven't seen that much of Fischer, but i hear that he is a LW. Does he play in the middle at all? If he is basically exclusively a LW then he wouldn't be of much value to us because of Lennon/Townsend/Chaldi
Fischer is a pure-bred inverted left-winger tailor made for the 4-3-3.
Now let's look on our team under the assumption that Bale will be starting as a RW this season. This leaves us with 3RW's basically in Bale, Townsend and Lennon with one reported genuine LW in Chadli, unless the Lennon somehow can turn into a more direct goal threat from the left.
In the middle of the park in the "attacking positions" we have, Dembele, Paulinho, Holtby, Siggy and Carroll with Huddlestone as a quasi backup.
Dembele being considered by many the main man as he drove us forward relentlessly with powerfull and slky dribbles last season and a damn good player he is.
Paulinho, a star of the brazillian squad keeping City's new 30m purchase out of the team.
Holtby, one of the brightest talents europe albeit overshadowed by Gøtze and make no mistake, Holtby is a classy player.
"The Sig," another very talented young player who was chased by big clubs and who scored goals for fun when he played in his preffered positions as CM/CAM in a midfield trio for Swansea two seasons ago.
Carroll, quite possibly the best ball-playing CM to be produced in england since Paul Scholes (yet to be confirmed as it's a bit early in his career but early signs are good). Can boast about coming on against Woolwich with us being a man down, a few goals down, and way down on morale and then DOMINATE an entire team of gooners from the moment he stepped on the pitch until he walked off it, even though we lost, this kid could hold his head high as he was a super bright spot on an otherwise horrible day.
To round it all off we have Tom "huddlegun" Huddlestone, who we all know can spray passes like no other should we need to stretch a match to create space, and even though it seems like he should be about 30, he is barely 26.

We also have utility man extrordinaire Dempsey who we can use as LW, CAM and ST but many see him as too poor and un-influential on the overall passage of play to be considered viable as anything more than an impact sub should we need a poacher on the pitch.

In conclusion, I would rather we stayed clear of yet another CM/CAM as we have plenty of those but going under the assumption Bale is now a RW, we only have one true LW I would much rather we purchased Fischer than Eriksen.

I wonder if after Bale leaves this summer or next we might be able to make a run at Draxler.

Back
Top Bottom