What’s this about the pod encouraging fans to grass up Moura?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I enjoy the extra inch but the social justice walk abouts Windy goes on in some episodes has me going for the skip button. Don’t get me wrong, he’s entitled to his opinion just as I’m entitled to skip forward, or Lucas is entitled to his political beliefs. If he gets all Liverpool, being proper cringe with t-shirts and Political banners then yes - speak out. The public outing of Lucas was not a cool move IMO. This is a small problem with modern football fans - or just cancel culture weirdos who just want everyone to think the same way they do.

The fall in line with the Y word debate will be next.

I enjoy the extra inch but the social justice walk abouts Windy goes on in some episodes has me going for the skip button. Don’t get me wrong, he’s entitled to his opinion just as I’m entitled to skip forward, or Lucas is entitled to his political beliefs. If he gets all Liverpool, being proper cringe with t-shirts and Political banners then yes - speak out. The public outing of Lucas was not a cool move IMO. This is a small problem with modern football fans - or just cancel culture weirdos who just want everyone to think the same way they do.

I see this a lot in modern football unfortunately.

When I first started going to football games, I remember there was a stigma about it - it was very much a working class activity and was associated with hooliganism and blokey chauvinism. As football became gentrified I noticed many people trying to overcompensate "I'm still a football lad, but look at my progressive politics". I'm all for ethical behaviour, but that overcompensation is very cringe and hasn't got a place in this sport.

Last edited:
51iq85zLtRL.jpg

I like Windy, he seems like a such a nice guy. But that what you said. Just keep it about football. Don't include political views into podcast.

Left wing wankers who have no fucking idea about his home country.

Get in the bin you utter bastards
Oh yeah, blame it on a poor, defenceless country, won't you? Just because countries can't speak. You'd put countries in the bin if they'd fit.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I couldn't care either way about his views. What I do care about is Spurs fans encouraging other Spurs fans to grass a player up.

What world am I living in right now???

A world where, whenever anyone takes any offence to someone, even if its just one person thats offended, then the person they've taken offence to is instantly cancelled/crucified/villified.

It's a pathetic snowflake world, and if there is such a thing as reincarnation, when I pop me clogs, I will not be requesting a new life, thank you very much.

Just bring back the 90's and let's all stay in a perpetual time warp

A world where, whenever anyone takes any offence to someone, even if its just one person thats offended, then the person they've taken offence to is instantly cancelled/crucified/villified.

It's a pathetic snowflake world, and if there is such a thing as reincarnation, when I pop me clogs, I will not be requesting a new life, thank you very much.

Just bring back the 90's and let's all stay in a perpetual time warp

Shut up fatty.

I don’t personally care that much about his views unless he tries to force them on others, then it becomes an issue.

At the end of the day we have a football team run by a murdering Russian gangster and two run by despotic Middle Eastern governments with poor human rights records, that’s a million times worse than Lucas’s views on gender.

I don’t personally care that much about his views unless he tries to force them on others, then it becomes an issue.

At the end of the day we have a football team run by a murdering Russian gangster and two run by despotic Middle Eastern governments with poor human rights records, that’s a million times worse than Lucas’s views on gender.
I agree.
But has anyone actually even seen his views on gender?

Why do bigots find gender identity so confusing? It simply means the immutable yet fluid feeling that one is male or female or neither or both based on conceptions of masculinity and femininity that are innate but also social constructs that don’t exist.

This really isn’t hard!

That’s what she said.

Or he.

Or they.

I never enjoyed the extra inch and when I said so on this forum Windy took it personally and gave me grief, the guy's a prick of the highest order...

Can't say I'm a big fan of his Bolsonaro support but what is there that I or anyone else can do about it?

My personal disagreement with his politics dosent extend to his footballing talent. One can accept that Di Canio was a great footballer without endorsing his politics.

Back
Top Bottom