West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's going to be a difficult afternoon for me, if we lose on Sunday, as BF cooks Sunday lunch for us and I have a horrible feeling my toad-in-the-hole is going to be hard to digest!

It's going to be a difficult afternoon for me, if we lose on Sunday, as BF cooks Sunday lunch for us and I have a horrible feeling my toad-in-the-hole is going to be hard to digest!

tMR8KKUH.jpg

Lloris
Tanganga - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Ndombele - Hojbjerg
Bale - Dele - Son
Kane
1-2
Not a bad shout but I think we need to build some momentum hit some form first before we have both bale and dele in the starting 11. Introduce one at a time. We probably need either Moura fit pace or lamela for just being in their face as they will defo be up for it and arnt gonna allow players like bale and dele to piss around with the ball. So may be start bale with son and either Moura or Lamale but defo not berg whose been tripe. He should have started tonight to build form again.

EL Team this evening :

Lloris (c), Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko (Hojbjerg 78), Dele (Ndombele 78), Bale (Lamela 64), Lucas (Bergwijn 64), Son (Vinicius 46). Substitutes (not used): Hart, Whiteman, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lavinier, Bowden, Scarlett.

Good news is a number of players got some rest :

Tanganga played zero minutes
Rodon played zero minutes
Reguilon played zero minutes (but trained earlier this week)
Sanchez played zero minutes
Hojbjerg played 12 mins
Ndombele played 12 minutes
Lamela played 26 minutes
Berwijn played 26 minutes
Son played 34 minutes
Kane played zero minutes
(9 players)

Potential starters :
Lloris, Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies played 90 minutes - but my guess is Tanganga is LB on Sunday as Davies has played a lot recently, unless Reguilon fit to play LB and Tanganga RB.

Players not playing full 90 minutes :
Bale played 64 minutes, Moura (64 mins), Sissoko (78mns) Dele (78 mins) - but Bale and Dele have not played too much recently. and maybe rehabilitated ?

So only Lloris, Doherty and Alderweireld of this team played 90 minutes - but if Reguilon plays its only GK and CB's who have played 90 minutes in EL this evening :

Lloris
Doherty/Tanganga, Alderweireld, Rodon, Tanganga/Reguilon
Ndombele, Hojbjerg
Bale, Dele, Son
Kane
Subs : Anyone not in first team on Sunday. Maybe one or two youngsters ?
Injured : Lo Celso, Aurier

Kane rested. Ndombele , Hojbjerg and Son played limited minutes. Reguilon potentially back.
The squad managment for today's game was good meaning hopefully the team should be relatively fresh approaching this game.

EL Team this evening :

Lloris (c), Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko (Hojbjerg 78), Dele (Ndombele 78), Bale (Lamela 64), Lucas (Bergwijn 64), Son (Vinicius 46). Substitutes (not used): Hart, Whiteman, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lavinier, Bowden, Scarlett.

Good news is a number of players got some rest :

Tanganga played zero minutes
Rodon played zero minutes
Reguilon played zero minutes (but trained earlier this week)
Sanchez played zero minutes
Hojbjerg played 12 mins
Ndombele played 12 minutes
Lamela played 26 minutes
Berwijn played 26 minutes
Son played 34 minutes
Kane played zero minutes
(9 players)

Potential starters :
Lloris, Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies played 90 minutes - but my guess is Tanganga is LB on Sunday as Davies has played a lot recently, unless Reguilon fit to play LB and Tanganga RB.

Players not playing full 90 minutes :
Bale played 64 minutes, Moura (64 mins), Sissoko (78mns) Dele (78 mins) - but Bale and Dele have not played too much recently.

So only Lloris, Doherty and Alderweireld of this team played 90 minutes - but if Reguilon plays its only GK and CB's who have played 90 minutes in EL this evening :

Lloris
Doherty/Tanganga, Alderweireld, Rodon, Tanganga/Reguilon
Ndombele, Hojbjerg
Bale, Dele, Son
Kane
Subs : Anyone not in first team on Sunday. Maybe one or two youngsters ?
Injured : Lo Celso, Aurier
Why would Dele be starting over either Moura or Lamela?
Apart from that agree with most of the post

Why would Dele be starting over either Moura or Lamela?
Apart from that agree with most of the post

If Dele is back rehabilitated, he's a better player......and more rested than most of the rest of the squad. And Wham will not have prepared for him.

Let Moura and Lamela (or others) come off bench if things need shaking up

Back
Top Bottom