West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree. That back 5 was random as fuck. I'd be surprised if we ever saw our back 5 line up like that ever again. Rose's first start for nearly a year, Foyths complete lack of experience. Davies out of position (for us). You cant say that didnt contribute to how easily we got muscled off the ball and sucker punched.

I agree that we showed complacency and imaturity to manage the game but its logical to presume that a general sense of apathy toward the competition contributed in the players attitude of how they approached the game. They're part of the same machine, they know better than us what level of importance we have attributed to the comp in the past and how we will continue to do so.

As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 said, this comp is almost dead and buried, teams have been disrespecting it for years and years now. The competitions own organisers clearly have no respect for it, the sponsorship deal this year does it no favours at all and just adds to the general micky mouse feeling about the whole thing.

That doesn't excuse the capitulation against a rival (more one way than anything), but imo it does go a little way to explain why the players may have approached it that way.

Re: The squad stuff... Back 5 were good as gold in the 1st half... Nor did the first half performance suggest what you suspect.

You see how fucking angry Poch looked on the sidelines????

Last edited:
100%.

I say fcuk the Europa and stick with that. Just too many games and too msny variables but just my view but be consistent.

The League cup was an opportunity for a trophy but more than that it was another chance to show our progress as a club.

Beating or not losing to United will rectify that but that has become harder than it would have been at half 8 last night.

It is all about mentality and whatever we think of Pochettino he has not yet instilled that within the club, that whoever goes on that pitch and in that jersey representing THFC, nothing but your best will do.

Much will be taken by the result on Saturday because we and United have shown frailty.

Another big test and the type Mourinho rarely loses because he knows the significance.

Still talking shite I see.

We’re not in the Europa, but interesting nonetheless that you are doing exactly what you’re criticising other people for - happy to bin trophies off because you don’t like them.

And if you want to say ‘fuck’ say it. What’s with the ‘fcuk’ stuff?

No mate it is different and I know we are not in the Europa........yet!

The poster talked of changed tune by many. My line is we need to win something. 2nd/3rd and plaudits means income but nothing to brag about. Unless you are an Woolwich fan in disguise.

I cannot stand the Europa because it unduly affects our ability to compete in the PL. The League cup did not have the same capacity which is why I support our efforts in putting out what was a strong enough side. The Champions Lesgue has a slightly different impact which is mostly beneficial because the players care.

Sorry but Pochettino still has to prove he can win games that materially matter. Too many are drawn or lost and that is his next big challenge.

At the point we become 'winners' his job will be complete.

I'm glad we are out of this cup. That's the first time I've EVER uttered those words in all my years following spurs. Yes last night hurt but only because of the way we lost it - going 2-0 at home and losing should not happen anymore, especially under poch. Hopefully last night becomes a blessing in disguise....

We cant win every trophy and being out of this one will help us concentrate on the bigger games, the CL, the FA cup and most importantly the title challenge.

No mate it is different and I know we are not in the Europa........yet!

The poster talked of changed tune by many. My line is we need to wim something. 2nd/3rd and plaudits means income but nothing to brag about. Unless you are an Woolwich fan in disguise.

I cannot stand the Europa because it unduly affects our ability to compete in the PL. The League cup did not have the same capacity which is why I support our efforts in putting out what was a strong enough side.

Sorry but Pochettino still has to prove he can win games that materially matter.

And yet more shite.

100%.

I say fcuk the Europa and stick with that. Just too many games and too msny variables but just my view but be consistent.

The League cup was an opportunity for a trophy but more than that it was another chance to show our progress as a club.

Beating or not losing to United will rectify that but that has become harder than it would have been at half 8 last night.

It is all about mentality and whatever we think of Pochettino he has not yet instilled that within the club, that whoever goes on that pitch and in that jersey representing THFC, nothing but your best will do.

Much will be taken by the result on Saturday because we and United have shown frailty.

Another big test and the type Mourinho rarely loses because he knows the significance.
How the fuck can anyone question mentality instilled by Poch is truly mind boggling. His mentality has transform the aspirations and expectations of the club, players and supporters! He's achieved this in 3 fucking years. We are genuine title contenders for the first time in my lifetime as a supporter (45yrs)! My mentality has always to suckle my comfort blanket of being a cup team, because sure as shit with 2 Championships to our name we are and have been utterly woeful as a club, we are 16th in the all-time championship winning table!!!! With the likes of Preston North End, Blackburn, Wolves, Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Everton all better than us, and I haven't even mentioned the traditional big 5 who make us look like Dagenham and Redbridge.

He has changed my mentality, because I believe we have a chance at challenging for a title, the biggest prize there is. How would you describe your mentality BTW? Not looking too good from where I'm sitting.

At the point we become 'winners' his job will be complete.

So winners in the Kangaroo cup and 17th in the league makes us winners? His job is to finish as high up the league as possible - just like every other manager’s. It’s the PL and the CL that are important these days. Everything else is a sideshow. As has been pointed out many times, woolwich are defined by their league position - not their 3 cups in 4 years.

You might not like it, I might not like it, but it’s the new reality.

Sorry but Pochettino still has to prove he can win games that materially matter.
You mean like 65% of the games played this season?

Like Dortmund?
Like APOEL?
Like Liverpool?
Like West Ham?

In 14 games played this year, last nights game was 13th in terms of importance, only in front of Barnsley.

Stop pulling your testicles and get your head around that.

So winners in the Kangaroo cup and 17th in the league makes us winners? His job is to finish as high up the league as possible - just like every other manager’s. It’s the PL and the CL that are important these days. Everything else is a sideshow. As has been pointed out many times, woolwich are defined by their league position - not their 3 cups in 4 years.

You might not like it, I might not like it, but it’s the new reality.
I would add that I do value the FA Cup. I'm hanging onto this one, despite it's obviously going the same way as the Kangaroo. It's part of the DNA of English football and I can't let it go of the hold it has on me. I still get pleasure from watching the small teams play and enjoying big days out against Elite football teams.

Would you rather get win yesterday, or 3 points against United? If the answer is 3 points, stop moaning ffs. Yes, it was horrible, but with 3 points on saturday this won't matter at all.

They should get together and form a YouTube channel. All the characters are already in place, a couple have got to work on their catch phrases, whilst others need to cut down on the number they use. But without a doubt all the raw ingredients are in place.

Pls... Not even in jest... :pochfacepalm:

You mean like 65% of the games played this season?

Like Dortmund?
Like APOEL?
Like Liverpool?
Like West Ham?

In 14 games played this year, last nights games was 13th in terms of importance, only in front of Barnsley.

Stop pulling your testicles and get your head around that.

League cup game against West Ham is more important than CL or PL games.

Cool :dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom