West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I emailed the club voicing my concerns about large numbers of away fans purchasing tickets for the home end.
The reply is printed below.

Hi Sean

Thank you for your email. It is something that we have been made aware off.

We have a strict ticketing sale in place for this fixture and only supporters that were on our database before the draw was made will be able to purchase.

Due to the allocation that West Ham have received it does seem that they are in home areas however we have moved the segregation to accommodate the allocation.

Kind Regards

Dean Smith

Sent from my iPhone

And all I can think is are we really employing people in clerical/administrative positions who don't know the difference between of and off?

Poch should take the day off and let John McDermott run the show ... it would show total disrespect to the Spammers ... play whichever players are up for it ... if seven or eight need a rest for Saturday then rest them .... nice to win of course but in the big picture it's utterly unimportant for us either way ....
Sorry mate. Just don’t agree with this. I don’t know if you’ve been away from English football for too long, but to bury these annoying little fuckers again is not an opportunity to resist. Properly set up, Poch style, our second string will see them off. We are riding high. They are in the doldrums. It’s a great opportunity to put another nail into their coffin. So there is an element of importance to this game. Why give them an inch whilst they are in the shit? Choke the fucking life out of them while they are down and out. Send their fans back to Essex on the wrong end of a whipping by our reserves. That’s the way I’m looking at this game. Am just annoyed that I am on leave but stuck in fucking Norfolk on Wednesday. I’m sure it’s a lovely place but am gutted that I’m on a 3 line whip when I could be cheering and jeering under the Wembley lights. Ah well. Each to their own.

Post after fucking post about how the league cup don't matter.
It may not be relevant to some of us, it may mean something to others. But we just threw away a 2 goal lead and finished up losing 2-3 at home to West Ham. And regardless of the competition THAT FUCKING MATTERS. It's fucking humiliating and the team should be fucking well ashamed of themselves. We just handed the pikey cunts a result they'll sing and gloat about for years.

Mourinho will look at Pochettino and think mate you don't get it.

You don't kmow how to create a winning team and he might be right.

Whatever anyone thinks we do not progress as a club when you lose games like last night. It should not happen.

Forgot the nonsense about who played. The line is that the manager must instill the importance of every single game mattering.

Players cannot switch off at any time if success as a club is what you want.

At home and 2 up. And we lose. Utterly indicative of inherent weakness that can be exploited and will out itself at crucial times.

Only when I am proven wrong will I not be right.

What utter shite.

If everyone cares about this cup so much why didn't more of you show up, there was 35 k capacity last night that sums up how this cup is viewed. Can't believe the reaction to this loss coming off the week we've had and the position we're in. Its almost as if some of you have been waiting for this type of result to come in the league or champs but as it hasn't, have seized on the opportunity to make a massive deal about this shit competition nobody cares about until they're in the final.

I'm still angry, angry I tell you!
I don't care if it is a tin pot cup, Winning becomes a habit and we had that game won last night. Sending out a team of Bertie Big Bollocks for the second half rightly blew up in our faces.
Losing to the shower off the Estate is never acceptable, but to piss a 2 goal lead up the wall, is unforgivable.
I have never ever, subscribed to the theory that a cup is unimportant, we could have been in the 1/4 final and giving squad players some much needed competitive games.
Are Man City, Woolwich or Chelsea, pissed off because they are in the draw? I don't fucking think so!
No manager should ever denigrate a Competition he is about to send a team out to play in, and no player should ever treat it as if it is unimportant.
If our Club believes last night doesn't matter, then I will accept a refund of the good money I spent watching it.
We've won fuck all for ten years and yet we scoff at our best chance of a cup. We are top of our CL Group and have created a winning mentality for the first time in a generation, yet we now think that we can pick and choose competitions that we have failed in, for a decade.
We have once again given the poxy Media a stick with which to beat us, If it's not bottling the League it's our players leaving. If it's not a Wembley hoodoo it's the new ground won't be ready.
We are not Big Time Charlies, nor should we ever be. Time to get real.

I emailed the club voicing my concerns about large numbers of away fans purchasing tickets for the home end.
The reply is printed below.

Hi Sean

Thank you for your email. It is something that we have been made aware off.

We have a strict ticketing sale in place for this fixture and only supporters that were on our database before the draw was made will be able to purchase.

Due to the allocation that West Ham have received it does seem that they are in home areas however we have moved the segregation to accommodate the allocation.

Kind Regards

Dean Smith

Sent from my iPhone

Spoilsport.. Was looking forward to that.:pochsulk:

Its an odd one this... it'll surely be a game off for many who played yesterday (or in Madrid for that matter) which means the players who WILL be playing AREN'T necessarily those 1st teamers who are in Top form at the moment.
Likewise, I imagine most of West Hams shambles on Friday won't be playing either... they really CAN'T afford to lose anyone in this game...

So it'll most likely be a battle of the second strings... BOTH teams trying to impress.

Should be a Good'un!

Strangely looking forward to this....

Back
Top Bottom