West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t tell United fans that - they won the second rate double last season!

Seriously, I’m fine with Poch not caring about this cup until the semis.

At the same time, I want to win it.
One thing he is 100% right on is winning the kangaroo cup will not keep our players, ergo Berba and Keane left after we won it in 2008 and we sacked our Manger at the start of the new season.

Everything feels different challenging for Titles. I love the fact he see's our ambition in the CL too.

Don’t tell United fans that - they won the second rate double last season!

Seriously, I’m fine with Poch not caring about this cup until the semis.

At the same time, I want to win it.
Winning it only counts if you’re Utd or Liverpool. Nobody gave a fuck when we won it in 2008. It meant nothing to the wider football world, and rightly so.

Winning it only counts if you’re Utd or Liverpool. Nobody gave a fuck when we won it in 2008. It meant nothing to the wider football world, and rightly so.
I still think they should make the Football Cup for the Football League only. Premier league teams shouldn’t even be in the competition.

Poch has his priorities straight, but he’s fucked either way. If we win it, it won’t matter because it’s a second rate cup. If we lose, Tottenham haven’t won silverware so all the work that he’s done doesn’t mean anything.

It just fucking infuriates me. It’s like people that say we should pay like the other top 6 when their WAGE BILLS ARE HIGHER THAN OUR OUTLAY.

No respect for long term ambition and building a club through the academy and smart decisions. Who were City and Chelsea before slave and oil money? Nothing. Shit all over Liverpool, United and Woolwich, but at least they have history. Look at the all time table, or the last 50 years, or even since the Premier League started. Fucking Villa have more points than City since 1992.

Ok, rant over.

I still think they should make the Football Cup for the Football League only. Premier league teams shouldn’t even be in the competition.

Poch has his priorities straight, but he’s fucked either way. If we win it, it won’t matter because it’s a second rate cup. If we lose, Tottenham haven’t won silverware so all the work that he’s done doesn’t mean anything.

It just fucking infuriates me. It’s like people that say we should pay like the other top 6 when their WAGE BILLS ARE HIGHER THAN OUR OUTLAY.

No respect for long term ambition and building a club through the academy and smart decisions. Who were City and Chelsea before slave and oil money? Nothing. Shit all over Liverpool, United and Woolwich, but at least they have history. Look at the all time table, or the last 50 years, or even since the Premier League started. Fucking Villa have more points than City since 1992.

Ok, rant over.

Winning the league cup will make absolutely no one think we’re a good side. It’s irrelevant.

Man City may pay on Saturday for playing 120 minutes and using all their big players. We can't make the same mistake. Woolwich got it right. Use the 2nd string and whatever happens, happens. Win or lose, it won't linger long in the memory.

I think this league cup drains resource we could concentrate into PL/CL run this season.
It seems like I keep saying this kind of stuff and now for the 3rd year. We are missing being the Champion we can be by very little every year. I would be pissed off if we get a key player injury playing this cup.

Having a peruse of sKUMB. Some of them would rather win tonight than against Palace at the weekend.

They want to turn us over AGAIN (their words).

I would just like to point out that in he 35 times we have played them since the turn of the millennium they have won precisely SIX games.

Two bob mugs.

:roflmao::roflmao:
Having a peruse of sKUMB. Some of them would rather win tonight than against Palace at the weekend.

They want to turn us over AGAIN (their words).

I would just like to point out that in he 35 times we have played them since the turn of the millennium they have won precisely SIX games.

Two bob mugs.
They are so deluded, honestly it's pitiful. How do some of them still hold this belief that they are somehow on the same sort of level as us, or should be "competing with the likes of Everton and Spurs"? It's baffling. The gulf between the sides is so vast, and 6 wins in nearly 2 decades ain't gonna change that :roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao:
They are so deluded, honestly it's pitiful. How do some of them still hold this belief that they are somehow on the same sort of level as us, or should be "competing with the likes of Everton and Spurs"? It's baffling. The gulf between the sides is so vast, and 6 wins in nearly 2 decades ain't gonna change that :roflmao:
It was only one goal in the last game between us.
If they put the same passion and intensity into every game they wouldn't be in the shit they are in.

What am I saying, it's their cup final!

Cancel that - carry on!

"If we win a cup, it shows Poch's class. If we fail to win a cup it's due to Levys lack of ambition." A game of fine margins indeed.

Id be over the moon to win a cup. Even if it's the league cup. Winning it could be a catalyst. Gives the players that winning feeling, something thatll make them hungry for more. You could ask why it didn't happen in 2008 but this team is so much more special with a much better manager. This team deserves to win a trophy. No disrespect to our team in 2008 but we were hardly making waves.

Last edited:
Can think of a number of positives if we happen to lose this

Less games for our injury hit squad, and more (well probably only one more) game for their relegation battling squad to play

Back
Top Bottom