West Ham (a) League Cup 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
I thought our front four were atrocious, Son's finishes for hie two goals aside. Their movement off the ball when we had it was lazy, their pressing and work without the ball when West Ham had it was insipid and I lost count of the opportunities fucked away with sloppy carelessness - Alli and Eriksen particularly - both Son's goals actually started with Eriksen and Alli hitting passes straight at West Ham players.

Wanyama was Ok first half but looked more ragged as the game wore on, but he needs games, we all know that. Be nice to see him play next weekend in a CM3.

Winks showed some really nice things again, had a little fadie patch though first part of the second half.

KWP struggled with the physicality of Antonio a couple of times, and was otherwise just OK, but again, we can't judge a kid who gets to play 1 game every 6 months on those odd appearances.

Aurier wasn't any better than KWP, but again he's a player who's not had consistent games and wasn't playing in his best position, so judgement is pointless.

Sanchez was excellent again. My MOTM.

Foyth - wasn't far behind Sanchez, just blotted his copy book with one atrocious moment where he seemed to have things under control then inexplicably allowed their player to shove him aside and bare down on goal. Edit - having watched it again today (dodgy stream last night) it wasn’t a blunder, also caught some other stuff he did - brilliant tackle on Arnautavic. Definitely worthy joint MOTM.

Gazzaniga - Couple of sloppy moments, otherwise OK.

Nice to see Skipp get some minutes.

Last edited:
I thought our front four were atrocious, Son's finishes for hie two goals aside. Their movement off the ball when we had it was lazy, their pressing and work without the ball when West Ham had it was insipid and I lost count of the opportunities fucked away with sloppy carelessness - Alli and Eriksen particularly - both Son's goals actually started with Eriksen and Alli hitting passes straight at West Ham players.

Wanyama was Ok first half but looked more ragged as the game wore on, but he needs games, we all know that. Be nice to see him play next weekend in a CM3.

Winks showed some really nice things again, had a little fadie patch though first part of the second half.

KWP struggled with the physicality of Antonio a couple of times, and was otherwise just OK, but again, we can't judge a kid who gets to play 1 game every 6 months on those odd appearances.

Aurier wasn't any better than KWP, but again he's a player who's not had consistent games and wasn't playing in his best position, so judgement is pointless.

Sanchez was excellent again. My MOTM.

Foyth wasn't far behind Sanchez, just blotted his copy book with one atrocious moment where he seemed to have things under control then inexplicably allowed their player to shove him aside and bare down on goal.

Gazzaniga - Couple of sloppy moments, otherwise OK.

Nice to see Skipp get some minutes.

Foyth, Sanchez, Winks & KWP for me were the biggest highlights of the night. Having them emerge like we hope and believe they can, Winks in particular keeps growing game after game it seems and it's great to see a kid like that come through the ranks.

Kane, Winks, Walker-Peters & Skipp all through the grassroots side of it is lovely to watch. It really is a shame Edwards stumbled early on for whatever reason but anyone who doesn't think our youth setup is making strides needs to look at the bigger picture.

I thought Foyth really showed some battling qualities that I thought he potentially lacked prior to this game, which pleased me the most. Davinson I still think is shy of being able to be a first choice when everyone is fit but it was great to see a young centreback pairing ooze talent at what they do. The future looks great based on what I saw of those two tonight.

Sonny getting his two goals will do him the world of good. I wonder who out of Lucas, Sonny & Lamela will come out on top for that final starting slot when all settles down and everything has well and truly kicked in.

All in all a good game of football played. Winks pleased me the most he really gave some lovely little give and go passes but Foyth gets my vote, I sincerely hope he kicks on from here as he could have a truly glittering career wearing our shirt if he keeps progressing how he is. A great away win in what could have been a banana skin with the amount of changes we made. Well done lads, now onto smashing up Wolves on Saturday!

I think tonight was just what our squad needed. Much needed game time for various reasons and confidence building episodes for Sonny and Llorente. Not perfect but this was not anywhere near our best side. We still bossed it.

I thought our front four were atrocious, Son's finishes for hie two goals aside.

So if you ignore the three goals all scored by our strikers, then our strikers weren't very good .... that's some bizarre analysis even for you ...

and you missed ...

Sissoko, once again Poch's go to man, came on with 25 minutes to play, his added presence in midfield helped us comfortably see out the game ....

I know deep down you wanted to say that, guess you just forgot ....

and come on Sanchez? Foyth was MoM by a country mile ... what game were you watching?

Gazza - 7, some good stops, a bit scared of going out of goal though
Aurier - 6 solid
Foyth - 8 MOTM, that tackle was from the Ledley playbook
Davinson - 6 quiet
KWP - 6 decent, had some trouble with Anotonio but held his ground, some nice link up with Sissoko on the right side
Winks - 7
Wanyama - 5 poor, maybe time to move on
Eriksen - 6.5 great to have him back, could have gotten 4 assists
Dele - 6.5 good vision spotting Son's run for the second
Son - 7 two great finishes. should have gotten the third towards the end
Llorente - 6 quiet for most part, got a good goal

Skipp - to little to rate
Sissoko - 6 decent shift
GKN - 5 terrible footballer. Just sell him

Not a single footballer on that pitch was better than Foyth last night. Ridiculous performance.

He and Sanchez looked really good together though. Think they've earned the right to start against Woolwich in the next round.

Dele was good too. Work rate was excellent and got two assists to his name. Its excellent to have him back, we've missed him.

Back
Top Bottom