We're going to win the possession cup!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Entirely agree Carlito - Boas needs to fucking get with it and get the team playing fluidly - it's shit at the moment.

I agree that possession is no good without penetration.

But I didn't really notice we had that much possession today.

Central midfield was weak and we needed a link between midfield and Defoe. Soldado or Ade might have provided that.

But what we really lacked today was a ball winner in central midfield.

If after 2 or 3 performances of today's ilk then maybe some of the above posts will be looked upon as relevant. But as it stands, you guys need to get together at the "Kneejerkers and Shunters Club" for a good old bitch session. At least if you are all in the same place at the same time, your negativity will only effect yourselves.
Your starting to sound like Man U fans, one thing we can boast about over them idiots is familiarity with mediocrity, the odd bad game is going to happen, get over it and remember where we were 10 years ago, then add 10 years, you get the idea. It is going to be a really competitive season this year, buckle up for the roller coaster.

Gwan AVB!!!!

You have turned us from being a expansive, swashbuckling joy to watch go being a stodgy one paced, predictable, spotted dick of a team.

3 games against our London rivals.....2 losses, one draw.
We won the big one though... 1-0 against Palace thanks to a penalty.................

Anyone want to start predicting the Fulham scorelines?

If after 2 or 3 performances of today's ilk then maybe some of the above posts will be looked upon as relevant. But as it stands, you guys need to get together at the "Kneejerkers and Shunters Club" for a good old bitch session. At least if you are all in the same place at the same time, your negativity will only effect yourselves.
Your starting to sound like Man U fans, one thing we can boast about over them idiots is familiarity with mediocrity, the odd bad game is going to happen, get over it and remember where we were 10 years ago, then add 10 years, you get the idea. It is going to be a really competitive season this year, buckle up for the roller coaster.

That would stand if I didn't express the same opinions when we win.

That would stand if I didn't express the same opinions when we win.
Fair enough, but if your expecting to win in style every game then you are always going to be disappointed. Winning the "Stats" league will not win silverware, granted. 7 new faces will need to bed in, not only into the team, but into the culture/mentality. I would put today down to familiarity/contempt.
I don't expect it to happen again, if it does, then obviously there is a potential problem that would need addressing. I'd put it down to a bad day at the office and move on.
If we can take any positives from today, I think the biggest one would be that we have done our bit for "Care in the Community", by giving those bubble blowing, Tarmac laying, inbred Essex royal family fuckwits something to dribble over tonight.

...................................:avbmad:
all-the-gear-but-no-idea-small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom