We sign a player who didn’t want to leave his current club, would you have confidence in him to do well?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cut to the chase if we signed Conor Gallagher in the summer which according to various news outlets it seems to be the case we are interested in him, is he going to be accepted as just another signing or on to a hiding to nothing doesn’t play well, makes a mistake it costs us a goal, a game …..ex chav we know he’d rather play for Chelsea , us and them have an uncomfortable relationship is it worth our time & his.

Cut to the chase if we signed Conor Gallagher in the summer which according to various news outlets it seems to be the case we are interested in him, is he going to be accepted as just another signing or on to a hiding to nothing doesn’t play well, makes a mistake it costs us a goal, a game …..ex chav we know he’d rather play for Chelsea , us and them have an uncomfortable relationship is it worth our time & his.

He is a professional footballer who is known as a hard worker both at Chelsea and also Crystal Palace. I very much doubt he wouldn’t put in 100% effort where ever he is.

Whether he is good enough is another matter, to me he seems like a slightly better version of Jordan Henderson, his pressing is relentless but his passing can sometimes be off. I can see why Ange would want him as he seems to be suited to a team that plays high up the pitch.

For the right player yeah.

I don't reckon at the time Rafa VDV joined us it was due to a deep passion to play for Spurs, more being told by Madrid that he was off. Turned out well enough.

But for Conor Gallagher, no.

A player scorned can be one hell of a motivated player.......

Gallagher though..... I just don't see the appeal. Painfully average........ For anywhere between 30m and the originally mooted 50m you want a damn sight more than 'run about a bit'.

......And he's a life-long Chav.

A player scorned can be one hell of a motivated player.......

Gallagher though..... I just don't see the appeal. Painfully average........ For anywhere between 30m and the originally mooted 50m you want a damn sight more than 'run about a bit'.

......And he's a life-long Chav.
Quality player and lad by looks.
Always available and looking to go forward ,loads of upside and great engine he is only going to get better.
Think its a no brainer if can seal the deal.
Poch will want to keep him though as lot of young ego’s need kept in check at Chelsea and he seems to be held in high regard by his team mates.

Wether he wants to come here or not, we should be aiming higher than players like Connor Gallagher. If you're content for battling for European places around 4th - 7th each year he's a decent punt. If you have ambition to win, you go for better

Wether he wants to come here or not, we should be aiming higher than players like Connor Gallagher. If you're content for battling for European places around 4th - 7th each year he's a decent punt. If you have ambition to win, you go for better
Agree, seen him for England and not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom