We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning all, we are wins against Ajax & Liverpool away from the most historic night in our 137 year history. Regardless of what happens, each of us would have taken that a week, month, year or decade ago. Believe in the boys but ultimately they need to believe in themselves. We gave them a lot of issues in the first game physically and will hopefully be able to field the likes of Vertonghen, Sissoko, Son & Lamela for potentially a whole 90 minutes this time around.

This is a big day for our club so just try and enjoy it for what it is, a semi final in the most prestigious club tournament in world football. If we are physical, passionate, hungry and take our chances, I think we will win & with players that can do damage in our team with the likes of Sonny, Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen & Dele, if our midfield win their battles which physically there's no reason why we shouldn't, I think our boys up top can and will hurt them in areas where we lacked punch last time.

A Tottenham Hotspur team with Sissoko, Lamela & Son back is a far more dangerous prospect than the one that had to lump long balls up to Llorente. These returns alter our style of play and I believe that this one is a belter in the making.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Wanyama
Sissoko
Eriksen
Dele
Lucas
Son

With so many more outlets than route one to Fernando last time, I see us seeing plenty of the ball and closing down like we know we can and should in a mammoth moment for all involved with the club. Hopefully we have depth with Aurier, Lamela & Llorente on the bench who can add a little something if need be. Far, far healthier than a bench consisting of no attacking options last time around, one that restricted us to full back substitutions when chasing a goal yet we are still well in this tie, we just need to keep a professional head and not snatch at things.

Patience, ruthlessness and artfulness high on the agenda tonight. This lot will be scared of us as the game goes on if we implement ourselves correctly without all the head banging malarkey of recent months against a young team & one that doesn't have the luxury of a whole weeks rest before they walk out against a far stronger Tottenham team than they weren't able to pick off last time around.

Keep it tight at the back, don't give them an inch in midfield and know that when the chances come we need to and will bury them. No mercy, 3-1 on the night for Spurs, go make yourselves legends and do what we know you can do lads. The game is about glory!

giphy.gif
LinedKnobbyGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

well so much for Spurs players getting a good night rest in Amsterdam ;-)

good luck ..
AFCA

What I don't understand is why clubs in the away legs of a massive semi final in the CL don't book hotels away from the city, the noise, find a country hotel which is isolated and hard to access but is around an hour from the stadium. Don't stay in the city centre for fucks sake

The Barca team were kept awake by scally scousers letting off fireworks outside their hotel in Liverpool city centre. Absolutely poor planning from Barca imo. However many teams have been guilty of this over the years

Rant over

What I don't understand is why clubs in the away legs of a massive semi final in the CL don't book hotels away from the city, the noise, find a country hotel which is isolated and hard to access but is around an hour from the stadium. Don't stay in the city centre for fucks sake

The Barca team were kept awake by scally scousers letting off fireworks outside their hotel in Liverpool city centre. Absolutely poor planning from Barca imo. However many teams have been guilty of this over the years

Rant over
What did Ajax do the same to us last night?

Back
Top Bottom