We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be going down to the pub for medicinal alcohol to get through this match, the biggest I think I've ever seen for Spurs in my lifetime.

So I just want to say - I love all you fuckers (even you), and this place has let me work through more Spurs related agony and ecstasy than I can describe. God speed to all you in the match thread. Rest assured I will be trawling back through it if magic were to happen this evening.

giphy.gif

Seize history, Tottenham Hotspur.

Only one of the 17 previous teams to lose the first leg at home in a Champions League/European Cup semi-final tie has progressed to the final: it was Ajax in 1995-96, the Dutch team losing 1-0 at home against Panathinaikos before winning 3-0 away.

I'm far far worse watching matches on TV than live. I am a nervous wreck by the end and generally go walkabout if it is in the balance.

Every big game we're ahead by a goal I end up hiding in the bathroom smoking an ecig for the last ten minutes, or even last twenty minutes. I find out the result by checking how the odds have changed for something or other as it gives me a few moments to assess what's happened rather than having it laid out before me.

We’ll do this, boys. Trust the manager. Trust the players. Trust the team as a whole. They want it as much as we do. I am sure they will give 100% of what’s left of their energy and we will win the game. Come on Spurs, come on!

I went walkabout at the end of that one....heard Sterling score.....and then the VAR call.......I need a defibrillator in the house.

After the Sterling goal I smashed my phone..... Had a major outburst and swore never to watch football ever again......... Shouted that I no longer liked Spurs as its too much heartache.

Then the VAR miracle came through...........

Only one of the 17 previous teams to lose the first leg at home in a Champions League/European Cup semi-final tie has progressed to the final: it was Ajax in 1995-96, the Dutch team losing 1-0 at home against Panathinaikos before winning 3-0 away.

Ouch

Back
Top Bottom