We Are A Well-Run Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shit is getting real now!

3phhwq.jpg

I would much rather be in the hands of ENIC & Levy than be like Woolwich, Villa, Liverpoo and Blackburn with foreign owners that dont give a flying fuck about what's really going on.
Levy has left me pulling out my few remaining hairs at times but I'd trust him more than most to run a club.
His " you're not taking fucking liberties with us sonny " attitude appeals to me in that he wont be held to ransom by anyone.

Is there some sort of statistical proof to that?

@ zin zin ?

Something like two thirds of our deals since Levy has been chairman were done before August let alone end of August. Though if you want to include the rumoured deals in the statistics like a certain forum member did then you'll need to ask someone else.

I remember seeing that post somewhere. I shan't move the goalposts although I did give examples of where that method caused us problems, all of which in the last few seasons. Adebayor and Parker coming in late. Adebayor, Dembèlè, Dempsey and Lloris coming in late for example.

Anyway, we're going in circles now. I like Levy with the caveats (rightly or wrongly) stated over the last few pages.

I remember seeing that post somewhere. I shan't move the goalposts although I did give examples of where that method caused us problems, all of which in the last few seasons. Adebayor and Parker coming in late. Adebayor, Dembèlè, Dempsey and Lloris coming in late for example.

Anyway, we're going in circles now. I like Levy with the caveats (rightly or wrongly) stated over the last few pages.

To be honest without doing a comparison club by club (no interest) the point will always be argued based upon "how it seems". Adebayor joined on the 21st of August by the way and not on deadline day and Lloris wasn't a first teamer until November anyway. Someone would need to sit down, figure out when the season started for each season and see which players were brought in at least a few days before the first game of the season so they would be in with a chance of starting it.

To be honest without doing a comparison club by club (no interest) the point will always be argued based upon "how it seems". Adebayor joined on the 21st of August by the way and not on deadline day and Lloris wasn't a first teamer until November anyway. Someone would need to sit down, figure out when the season started for each season and see which players were brought in at least a few days before the first game of the season so they would be in with a chance of starting it.
Adebayor arrived out of shape, the delay in his transfer probably wasn't all Levy's fault in fairness. I was talking in terms of the season already starting and we're getting important players in.

Something like two thirds of our deals since Levy has been chairman were done before August let alone end of August. Though if you want to include the rumoured deals in the statistics like a certain forum member did then you'll need to ask someone else.

The problem with your shite statistic is that nobody claimed ALL our deals are done late.

The problem is, that the 1/3 of late deals and failed bids (not rumoured Zin, but failed to sign) has affected the start to several seasons, meaning for example, we did not replace Modric, and we replaced Berbatov with Frazier Campbell on loan....Even VDV was a fucking miracle, only getting verified 24hrs later or so. Imagine that season without him.

Might be fuck all to you, but for others, its annoying.

Last edited:
The problem with your shite statistic is that nobody claimed ALL our deals are done late.

The problem is, that the 1/3 of late deals and failed bids (not rumoured Zin, but failed to sign) has affected the start to several seasons, meaning for example, we did not replace Modric, and we replaced Berbatov with Frazier Campbell on loan....Even VDV was a fucking miracle, only getting verified 24hrs later or so. Imagine that season without him.

Might be fuck all to you, but for others, its annoying.

I think anyone who hasn't found our transfer business annoying over the last few years isn't being honest, ah, maybe frustrating is a better word. On transfers, is it not more a matter of real money always getting the result when it comes to getting in top players? I mean when you see Man City or Chelsea go for a player you know you're effectively competing with a blank cheque. Daniel Levy is never going to have that and I have to say that is part of accepting what Tottenham is about.

Perhaps it's more telling that it's not the timing of the buy ins but the sales that have caused a greater problem, Berbatov and Modric were both bought with plenty of prep time for the season as I remember. They were sold at the last minute, often because Levy wanted to get best value for the player, would we be criticising him for selling the family jewels on the cheap if he'd sold earlier? I don't know..

The wider context is this a well run club? In the main yeah, I think Levy has done better than Sugar and certainly better than Scholar.

The club could be more 'fan friendly' a bit less corporate and they certainly could make it a bit easier on the wallet to go to games at the Lane. But Levy is part of an investment company and they are there to make Spurs profitable.

Sooner or later ENIC will sell Tottenham or float it, they'll make a lot of money but it is in their interests to sell a Champions League club with a big sell out stadium pulling in plenty of revenue, it's not in their interests for us to fail.

Personally not a fan of Levy or ENIC but each to their own. We would 100% have moved to Stratford if we got given the go-ahead, cheaper option, better transport links etc etc. Levy cares about his pocket, that's all he cares about, he doesn't care about Tottenham (for the most part) and he definitely doesn't care about the fans.

I do agree, however, that he's better than most at running the club and making out balance sheet look pretty which is amazing because supporting Spurs to me, is all about having a pretty balance sheet that looks good...

Don't scratch those wounds, mate - I've tried hard to forget, haha

Started following in 94/95 - there were some dark days indeed
I remember winning away at Oldham very late in the season to stay. fucking Oldham, and I really wasnt sure we would do it. Or Klinsmann sticking 4 past near post neil at smellhurst to stay up/ (near post neil bottled Les's opener. and we signed him within a couple of years) fucking horrid times

Jesus man, you're not old.... You're a pup!!!

If you were to say you remember the early '70s..... THEN we're talking old!!!

You damn pup! I remember when we had that Chelsea diehard slamming them in from all over the park. Everyone these days seems to think he was Spurs through and through, but we knew where his real allegiance lay but even Greaves couldn't keep Chelsea in the top flight. But it was Jennings who was my favourite player as a lad.

You probably don't even remember why we started Glory Glory - because the football we played in '61 was too good for earth, must have been made in Heaven ;)

Back
Top Bottom