Warehouse on fire

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luke Gutteridge. A bloke on Twitter with, now, 176 followers who tweeted an incorrect piece of information that was picked up by the 2nd best selling newspaper in uk and became fact.
We are well and truly fucked.

Here's your reason people as to why the Daily Mail is a shit rag.
They say it's a Spurs merch warehouse cos some bloke near there said so, another paper actually decided to contact the club (you know the whole 2 sources thing journalists are supposed to do) and Spurs say it's not theirs, they don't have a warehouse there.

Fucking terrible newspaper.

They say it's a Spurs merch warehouse cos some bloke near there said so, another paper actually decided to contact the club (you know the whole 2 sources thing journalists are supposed to do) and Spurs say it's not theirs, they don't have a warehouse there.

Sadly the corporate mentality has taken over the media like most other things - being right, being bound journalistic ethics to report the facts, doesn't matter. What matters is maximizing viewing, and being first with a story goes a long way to doing that. Print something while the other guy is fact-checking - if it turns out you're wrong then make a small retraction noone remembers, but if you're right you're the one who broke the story and therefore the definitive insider for the lifecycle of the event.

It's shameless and disgusting. Just another way in which the demand for profits and the gasoline that is social media are burning society to the ground.

Sadly the corporate mentality has taken over the media like most other things - being right, being bound journalistic ethics to report the facts, doesn't matter. What matters is maximizing viewing, and being first with a story goes a long way to doing that. Print something while the other guy is fact-checking - if it turns out you're wrong then make a small retraction noone remembers, but if you're right you're the one who broke the story and therefore the definitive insider for the lifecycle of the event.

It's shameless and disgusting. Just another way in which the demand for profits and the gasoline that is social media are burning society to the ground.
Why does it have to be accurate...?
As long as it's first...

RIGHT KIDS? :adethumbup:

Fuck me... this CUNTRY!:paulinhobored:

I heard the fire was started from sparks caused by Kevin Spacey's rampaging wood fucking Jimmy Saville's rotting corpse!
True story that... I made it up myself!

Print that you gullible Daily Fail Fuckwits!

I heard the fire was started from sparks caused by Kevin Spacey's rampaging wood fucking Jimmy Saville's rotting corpse! Whilst being egged on by Asylum Seeking paedophiles clutching pictures of Princess Diana
True story that... I made it up myself!

Print that you gullible Daily Fail Fuckwits!
added the bits required for the Mail (and the Express) crack internet team (an intern) to pick up on the story

...your children are terrified?

I'll get my coat.

Our Warehouse is on fire, your defence is terrified...
Warehouse on fire, your defence is terrified
Nanananana.....

126f6f953bee23b44eef6e7b84966812.gif

Back
Top Bottom