Walker <-> Smith?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lennon good with pass at foot, not at face with super power same with Walker pass. Smith pass at foot with calm.

I laughed alot at this part... And I don't want to sell Walker unless for a crazy fee (25m+) which would be enough to get an as good RB and money for another position. Walker is only one season removed from YPOTY and played at that form at the end of the season. He is still very young and has a huge potential.

I haven't seen enough of Smith to say if he's good enough for the first team, but I totally agree that the Walker/Lennon partnership leaves a lot to be desired. Corluka and Lennon created some beautiful wingplay, but Walker and Lennon just get in each others way much of the time. Walker also has this ocd-thing where he has to play an utterly poor cross in his own half at least once a game, gifting huge chances to the opposition.

I too haven't seen enough of Smith to know whether or not he could / should get a start, but as Walker has time on his side, unless we receive a stupidly big money offer, I would be prepared to see if he can learn and develop his game.

Back
Top Bottom