Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ Dan D Dan D - did he do well? I didn't see the game and our highlights tended to show us destroying Villa, so didn't see much of him.
read on previous page,no.33,i made ratings for each player involved yesterday,yes,he was fine,emotions in the first half ,but then in the second half tryed with succes to advance more in the oponnent area,running with the ball at his feet,some dribblings...he build confidence and morale in himself after this match ,for sure...anyway he's surrounded by very good players ,his team mates increase morale for him

I thought he looked very good in the tackle and very good on the ball and pretty decent positionally, but clearly off of the pace of the game.

Because of that I would not have him in contention for league games yet, but once he gets up to speed I think he will fit in just fine.

Comparisons to Vertonghen seem appropriate, I was quite impressed with him all in all

I thought he looked very good in the tackle and very good on the ball and pretty decent positionally, but clearly off of the pace of the game.

Because of that I would not have him in contention for league games yet, but once he gets up to speed I think he will fit in just fine.

Comparisons to Vertonghen seem appropriate, I was quite impressed with him all in all
just to mention that -right central defender (RCB),it's not his natural place on the pitch,look his favourite positions on the pitch:
1) LCB (natural)
2) RCB (competent) - here played yesterday 78 minutes
3) RB (accomplished) - here played yesterday 12 minutes
4) DM (accomplished)

I realise that, but can only comment on what Ive seen.

While I didnt think he was at his best (understandably) I did think he showed a huge amount of promise. Im quite excited to see what he has to offer when he has acclimated

He's determined. First game and he didnt hide, even after some mistakes.

Very difficult to call anything on that game. Doesnt look like a natural world beater though..

Interview Vlad Chiriches after the match:
"It was a good game for our team,we don't receive even one goal,that mean it was a happy victory for us"..."My evolution was OK,i must to get better and better in each match from now on,the entire team play very well tonight"...
"Overall,was a good feeling for me to make debut,actually i felt myself very well during the game..."

In the time of the match on tv,english commentators nicknamed him "Vlad The Impaler"...

I translated from (www.sport.ro) here:
http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/prima...a-poreclit-comentatorul-englez-pe-durata.html

His attitude seems sound judging by that interview, which is all we really have to base him on at this stage.

If he looks to continually improve and we start him off in the cups, then hopefully he'll turn out good. :avbpray:

Last night was the perfect game for him to come in... Not the same pressure as there will be on Saturday, we were pretty much in control for most of the game (except when Jan tried his hand at sexually abuse!!) and I think that Vlad's fitness will come.
He looked a bit shaky early on, but you can tell the guy is class!
I'd still stick to Jan/Dawson or Kaboul for Sat though!!!

Interview Vlad Chiriches after the match:
"It was a good game for our team,we don't receive even one goal,that mean it was a happy victory for us"..."My evolution was OK,i must to get better and better in each match from now on,the entire team play very well tonight"...
"Overall,was a good feeling for me to make debut,actually i felt myself very well during the game..."

In the time of the match on tv,english commentators nicknamed him "Vlad The Impaler"...

I translated from (www.sport.ro) here:
http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/prima...a-poreclit-comentatorul-englez-pe-durata.html

Oh I get it now...evolution is performance...wondered what the fuck that was supposed to mean.

His attitude seems sound judging by that interview, which is all we really have to base him on at this stage.

If he looks to continually improve and we start him off in the cups, then hopefully he'll turn out good. :avbpray:
that's idea! Europa League matches,some League Cup or FA Cup ,then in 2 weeks or a month should start to play in Premier League also (i know he can do much more than yesterday,he played yesterday after ...14 days empty for him,his last official game was Romania-Turkey (10th september) ...until 24th september ,he just wait that damn work permit,increasing in nervosity...i hope after yesterday match,i saw him smiling after the game ,that mean he's OK now.

Last edited:
Last night was the perfect game for him to come in... Not the same pressure as there will be on Saturday, we were pretty much in control for most of the game (except when Jan tried his hand at sexually abuse!!) and I think that Vlad's fitness will come.
He looked a bit shaky early on, but you can tell the guy is class!
I'd still stick to Jan/Dawson or Kaboul for Sat though!!!
i think Chiriches will be on the bench saturday, more probably,on the bench ,because if Walker had problems during yesterday match,and Chiriches could play also LCB,RCB and RB,in case of emergency,i see Vlad playing in Europa League,for no problem (he like Europa League,he scored 3 goals last season for Steaua in this competition,and AVB know that...for sure)

about him,Vlad Chiriches,a little secret that i bet any Tottenham fan don't know, he know english language well,but surprise coming now!...also know portuguese language very well !!! How??? when he was young ,he was 2 years at Benfica Lisabon Youth sector ,now you make connections---He and AVB;) and Paulinho...what language use...between them :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom