Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well from the video, and yes I know it's just a video he looks a very different player to Caulker, and certainly far superior technically. So I don't see why people are talking as if they're similar players.

This bloke alongside Dawson would give us a really good balance IF he's as good as he seems to be.

This seems to be a fantastic signing by us, and boy do we need to to augment our threadbare defence.

I won't go as gung ho about him as Paulinho, until I get the chance to see him play but it could be as good as the already fantastic signing of Paulhino, and there's no doubt we needed a new defender in. Assuming he does sign.

Get Soldado and another striker/attacker in as well, and then losing Bale might not be so terrible, though of course I want GB to stay.

New Tottenham signing Vlad Chiriches will adapt to the Premier League, says Romania coach

Romania coach Victor Piturca believes Vlad Chiriches, who is reportedly on the verge of a move to Tottenham, will thrive in the Premier League.

Reports emerged on Tuesday that the centre-back, who has impressed since joining Steaua Bucharest in 2012, will move to White Hart Lane for £6.9 million.

And Piturca, who gave Chiriches his national team debut in 2011, believes he has what it takes to be a star for club and country.

"He is a great player," he told Dolce Sport. "I hope he can establish himself in England with Tottenham. We have had many examples of players who have failed to establish themselves and have lost their place in the national team.

"It will not be easy, even if he is extremely good. I am sure he will be able to, but it will not be easy because opponents in England are extremely good and must perform very well from game to game. His quality is tremendous.

"I want him to play well and bring that to the national team, we need to get good results this autumn to qualify for the World Cup."

Edit:

Chiriches' agent has revealed that Spurs beat off competition from other clubs to land the impressive stopper.

"I don't know if there's a deal with Tottenham, but they sent an offer of £6.9m for Chiriches, which is what Steaua wanted," he told Dolce Sport. "Steaua have to decide whether they agree or not. Steaua had offers of £6m and £6.5m, but did not accept and said they only want £6.9m. Now the offer is on the table.

"I talked to the people at Roma, we were told that they cannot offer more than £5.5m or £6m, so we were allowed to talk to the people at Tottenham.

"Additionally, Tottenham are a good friend of mine. [Andre] Villas-Boas was in Bucharest a few years ago as my guest for a few days.

"Chiriches will not have trouble adjusting, he has been very well studied by Villas-Boas and his men told me that English football suits him better."

Last edited:
So that brings us to about 30 million in spending with three quality signings through the door. Compare with city who spent that on one player.

I imagine we'll look to recoup 10-20 million selling our unwanted players.

Add soldado into the mix and we're looking at a net spend of 50-60 million on a massive improvement to the squad.

That's a fucking good transfer window if you ask me

(Not taking into account bale leaving and the fact some transfers are paid in instalments)

Back
Top Bottom