Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid
Sometimes it’s good to repeat yourself so when people lie about you there’s a ton of evidence

The first one is particularly interesting, and was from a time Kane was injured but most people thought a RB was priority…

My views on Kane have been consistent
Those were after your spectacular 180-degree turnaround after spending the entire summer window cooing over our cunning "sign-nobody" policy.

Apologies, I'd forgotten your total U-turn

Sorry you had a bad experience with those chants, unfortunately every club has its idiots. Just take a look at last weekend's derby against NEC ;) Given your background, I understand your negative perspective towards Vitesse. Can't blame you there, we feel the same towards NEC, however towards de Graafschap you are mistaken, A lot of Vitesse fans (including me) have sympathy towards them.
Athmosphere was fairly good yesterday, although I have experienced better in our stadium. And FYI those banners were not begging for those onetimers to come visit next games, but more as a sarcastic statement.

Anyways, I understand the negativity towards yesterdays Spurs performance. I'd never thought Vitesse would be able to secure a victory. But I'm pretty sure you'll set things straight in London. See you guys there.
Yep, the derby was a mess. Think some went to far with the Rocky mocking and hanging of NEC shirt wearing dolls. It's in the same category for me as the earlier chants mentioned and probably some more stuff. And that while it had the chance to be something special imo.

I agree with a lot of your points though. We symphatize the rivalry between de Graafschap and Vitesse because we are shit and allways will be shit. One a competive basis we grew apart. The only thing that keeps the derby alive is that we're close to eachother.

As a Vitesse fan you'd absolutely love last night. You had te opporunity and took it with the knife between the teeth most of the times. If only some Spurs players would've done that yesterday ...

Those were after your spectacular 180-degree turnaround after spending the entire summer window cooing over our cunning "sign-nobody" policy.

Apologies, I'd forgotten your total U-turn
It was a U turn. No issues admitting I changed my views.

Pochs refusal to integrate the 35M worth of back up strikers sat on our bench and Kane’s injury made me change my views.

But like I said, I’ve always advocated either using the back up strikers, or signing on we will use.

But there I was, telling you Kane needed a rest 2.5 years ago.

It was a U turn. No issues admitting I changed my views.

Pochs refusal to integrate the 35M worth of back up strikers sat on our bench and Kane’s injury made me change my views.

But like I said, I’ve always advocated either using the back up strikers, or signing on we will use.

But there I was, telling you Kane needed a rest 2.5 years ago.
Whatever, happy birthday for Monday.

Pretty certain I've blundered by inviting my best Plaistow Wanderers-supporting mate and missus over for lunch on Sunday to *ahem* celebrate mine. Then he gets to gloat for the fourth or fifth consecutive time watching the Stratford Derby together

:mourshock:

Spurs legend Hoddle said the fans who made the trip "deserved better", telling BT Sport: “It’s a very, very poor performance.

"The attitude was wrong - they have to look at themselves in the mirror. There are Spurs fans who have travelled across here, they deserve better."

A fuming Hoddle said it wasn't just Tottenham's attitude that was lacking, blasting: “Also there was a lack of ability.

"Sometimes you can say there was no desire or mental approach to the game that’s one thing that wasn’t there. But their abilities were poor today, there was no creativity."

Way too complex a debate to get into with people on here, especially if I'm already going to have statements I haven't made put in my mouth.

I've done that how/when?

I can't help but think if Lo Celso was black or just a bit urban like, he'd get far more stick than he does(*).
ginola92 said:
People won’t want to admit it but it’s the sad truth

Your take on the matter as far as I can tell.

(*Note the phrasing: "far more stick".)

But just being on this forum past few years I've noticed it from certain posters, the fact you're immediately willing to talk for the entire spurs fan base and rule out that this happens is quite incredible too, especially given the events of the past few years on social media.

But I'll leave it there.

Right, so you're not inclined to have a discussion about it..... More importantly, you're not inclined call out the allegeded racism as and when you see it, but you are more than happy to peddle some bogus, jumped up indignation about me supposedly talking "for the entire spurs fan base" (when in fact all I've done is object to someone painting the TFC community with even broader strokes themselves, rather than directly call out racism as and when they see it)......????

Way to go.... Great job in picking your battles there fella..... You must really give a shit about the core issue at hand. :roll:

Perhaps you think it's ok to accuse a populace of people of racism on the basis of one of two non-defined individuals? Nah..... Not for me. Call them out or wind thy neck the fuck in.

Well I don't think it is - these guys like Scarlett and Markanday will just leave if there's no route to the first team.

We could sign another Vinicius, but long term they won't be good enough.....it's just a waste of money and squad place to feel better about beating Vitesse away
It's not about "feel better about beating Vitesse away". It's avoiding burning out our only two goalscorers by mid season. Some cover for the easier games that can actually score in a professional football match. (Llorente did the job for example).

Or maybe we need to find out WHY he plays well for Argentina and fit that into the team. He clearly has talent .
I'll take a stab at that one, it's because their coach, in the matter of a few days at a time, manages to get across to his players a cohesive tactic that involves actually playing football, in an attempt to actually score goals, in order to actually win games, sometimes even by more than 1 goal...

Yet more indictment of Nuno and his pathetic coaching...

Guardian's assessment of the game, we were stunned apparently... Can anyone on here claim to have been stunned by watching us play out a drab goalless encounter with our second string, before conceding a late winner to a side that outplayed us???

Anyone at all?

Because I found it all too predictable.

Guardian's assessment of the game, we were stunned apparently... Can anyone on here claim to have been stunned by watching us play out a drab goalless encounter with our second string, before conceding a late winner to a side that outplayed us???

Anyone at all?

"Stunned".... Not "Stunning".

Can imagine this january. Patirici to levy....'weve had a 50m bid rejected by fiorentina for vlahovic but he wants to come to us. Newcastle have a 52m bid accepted. What do you reckon? No thanks too big for us. Any other targets fabio? Got any headache tablets daniel?
I'm confident the club has some 15 year old lad waiting in the wings to be ruined for life once we've reduced Dane Scarlett to a gibbering wreck. No need to waste good money on a serviceable striker.

Anyone at all?

Sign of the times.......id have been more stunned if we actually put in a performance.

Sad indictment that I'm actually surprised these days if we play well and turn up in matches.

This defeat was all down to the Manager. Wrong team selection. I understand the wish to beat Spammers Sunday but whilst I do not know Spammers first 11 many first teamers played yesterday. We will look stupid if we do not win Sunday and should not have put that pressure on the first 11.
The team that played Rennes and got a draw was
  • 22Gollini
  • 2Doherty
  • 25Tanganga
  • 14Rodon
  • 33Davies
  • 28NdombeleSubstituted forAlliat 79'minutes
  • 29Skipp
  • 27Lucas MouraSubstituted forScarlettat 54'minutes
  • 11GilBooked at 82mins
  • 23BergwijnSubstituted forHøjbjerg at 30'minutes
  • 10KaneSubstituted forLeite de Souza Juniorat 54'minutes
4 of the first teamers from Newcastle started and 2 more came on as sub but only Skipp played 90 mins.
Even though we got thrashed the following Sunday by Chelsea I cannot see the efforts against Rennes was the problem.
Collectively the 11 that started are not good enough. Some have played in the first 11 and with support of better colleagues play better including Lo Celso. Changing 11 players does not work and never has and there have been numerous times in the past even at our peak a few years ago with similar toothless performances in cup matches. The difference then was we had subs that came on to rectify it but yesterday we did not.
I said at half time that we could have played all night and not score and apart from 2 mins at the start of the 2nd half nothing changed. Having a striker with even Vinny's skills would have made all the difference.
Now to qualify we will need to put out stronger sides in the remaining matches. We must qualify as we need the Co efficient scores and with our trophy record cannot afford to snub a genuine opportunity to win something and if not as top of the group have to play more matches which is worse.
Nuno hopefully has learned that he has to mix some first teamers into the starting 11 and others on the bench. If the Spammers can afford to play first teamers in Europe so can we.

Back
Top Bottom