Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That sounds suspiciously like a manager trying to boost his player's confidence.

"He's fantastic on one-v-one. Inoffensive. He's fast. He give us speed (that's the same as fast, Nuno). He give us errrrrmmmmmmmmmm - deep - ermmmmmm."

Damned with faint praise, in my books. He ran clean out of compliments after, "He's fast".
But it's nice to know he's inoffensive (32secs). And it's fantastic to know that he gives them deep, whatever that is. Goals would be nice.

That sounds suspiciously like a manager trying to boost his player's confidence.

"He's fantastic on one-v-one. Inoffensive. He's fast. He give us speed (that's the same as fast, Nuno). He give us errrrrmmmmmmmmmm - deep - ermmmmmm."

Damned with faint praise, in my books. He ran clean out of compliments after, "He's fast".
But it's nice to know he's inoffensive (32secs). And it's fantastic to know that he gives them deep, whatever that is. Goals would be nice.
He’s quick, he’s fast and he’s got pace!

To be honest mate that's like one busted flush replacing another.
With our shit buying policy I'm sure you are right.
I just think SB plays percentages, solid team player and can help compliment our two bona fide world class goal Threats.

I bet if you ask Son or Kane who they prefer, it’s Stevie

His finishing is shite tho

To be fair to Nuno... I think the differentiation he's trying to make is:

1) Stevie himself is quick
2) He allows us to play (link up, 1-2s etc.) at pace.... i.e. That he's suited to us trying to move the ball quickly.

Sounds filthy! :ledleylick:

Last edited:
I'm in the home end tonight lads so wish me luck. Been a while since I've seen my precious club on anything other than the telly. I know it's conference league but please make us proud tonight.

GelreDome is an amazing venue but it's used by a soulless and plastic club. On Eredivisie match days it's filled with Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV fans for most part. Fucking despise it.

Hope all of you traveling have a great awayday and create some atmosphere tonight. Cheers.

“On the offensive” is the phrase Nuno meant…although SB does seem pretty inoffensive too…

Maybe he turns up this afternoon against a level of opposition he's used to.

Still reeks of 'doing a (good financial) deal' rather than being a good signing almost 2 years later.

You don't spend £28m on a player from another league unless you think they can handle the jump.

FCO9Q4LXoAcwnO7

Best hope that starting 11 works out well, fucking hell.
That said - paint trophy, don't care. None of the starting 11 or the bench will be running through treacle against the spammers in their cup final so good.

Back
Top Bottom