Villa match fred: Danny Blanchflower derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you pronounce it?
It's close to "Maurice", but they say "lo-REES". The stress is off. The reporter here says it twice, once at 3:24 and once at 3:31:

The first time it's stressed to sound like "Maurice", imo, but that's since he's introducing him. When in regular conversation, it's much more neutral. To my ear, which isn't perfect, the best move in English would be to make it sound like how you all say London's mayor's first name, since, I suspect, in English it's hard not to stress a syllable with the "ee" sound.

This is great:

Now I'm starting to hear it like "Maurice". I need a break from all the hating. Would've been nice to actually get a goal this half.

Whom am I kidding. I can't take a break from the hate. :disdain:

I blame the new look forum for the poor first half. Even I know, you never change anything when your on a streak. That's why my underwear smell ... that and my poor personal hygiene.

Sandro has been much more adventurous with his long passing today, especially on the cross field balls to reverse field. Done well as well.

If he can do that consistently, it'll be a huge bonus.

Had this match on at the same time as Spartak was losing 2-0 to CSKA. Every time I was ready to throw something due to the shit performance by Spartak, I just caught sight of Spurs knocking it around like no care and it calmed me down.
WTF?? Another match???????????????? :adestare: :adestare: :adestare:
GTFO.png

Back
Top Bottom