UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Errm no it wasn't. I sat both GCSE and CSE exams. The 11+ exam saw children qualify either for the local grammar school or secondary modern. Grammar school pupils invariably sat GCSE but some who were not quite as proficient in a subject were allowed to take the CSE version. Secondary Modern pupils usually sat CSE exams but the ones more capable in a particular subject were permitted to sit the GCSE version. As I said before a grade 1 CSE pass was usually accepted as being the equivalent to a grade 5 GCSE pass.

Trust me on this one, unfortunately as my age will indicate "I was there !" :(

Don't mean this in a rude way, but you're too old to have sat GCSE's in your school years...

They came in in 1988 - General Certificate of Secondary Education - Wikipedia

Were you held back for a decade or so? :allitongue:

Most of you guys have been giving stick to the above mentioned players on this forum. Maybe Eriksen is not at the level of previous seasons but he is inherently a class player. He obviously is leaving and this affects the effort he is putting in. Nevertheless I would be happy for him to be missing tonight.

On to the game itself. I predicted a 3-0 victory for you lot in the first leg. If Harry plays I can see you winning 2-0. If he is missing it will be 0-0 with both sides only having two shots on target
You're only allowed to give it to the players if you're a supporter.....😀

I'd be happy to see a back four of the following; all sat back and focused on a clean sheet + Plenty of presence in the middle and pace on the break:

Gazza II
Foyth / Toby / Sanchez / Davies
Sissoko / Winks / Ndombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

Bench: Voorm, Jan, Rose, Dier, Dele, GLC, Sessengon, Parrot
...A win would be huge for our chances of qualification.

COYS!!!!

Rumours that Winks and Vertonghen haven't travelled,

In your formation think you'd probably go with Dier as the extra CM (protects defence best) as not sure GLC would last more than say an hour and think you need to reserve Dele on the bench to come on as a sub.

But your introductory comments are my thoughts in setting out my thoughts on the team

Ok. Lunch over. Long one this p.m. By the time I'm in a position to check the score, the game will be over. So good luck to the lads and happy watching, you lucky bastards.

Rumours that Winks and Vertonghen haven't travelled,

In your formation think you'd probably go with Dier as the extra CM (protects defence best) as not sure GLC would last more than say an hour and think you need to reserve Dele on the bench to come on as a sub.

But your introductory comments are my thoughts in setting out my thoughts on the team

Ah, yeh forgot about Winks.....

Dier to start then and Tanganga for the bench.

100% incorrect. I went to University in 1988 having been the last generation to sit 'O' levels several years before. F*cking revisionist historians - outside!
Your the almost the same age as me.Do you remember the 16+?
If you got high grades you got an O level, lower and it was a GCE.
It was only in certain subjects, Biology and Geography ( i think).

100% incorrect. I went to University in 1988 having been the last generation to sit 'O' levels several years before. F*cking revisionist historians - outside!

My sister was the first year to sit GCSE.... In 1988.

Stalemate. o_O

Your the almost the same age as me.Do you remember the 16+?
If you got high grades you got an O level, lower and it was a GCE.
It was only in certain subjects, Biology and Geography ( i think).
I did the 11+ and went to grammar school. CSE was for oiks who were allowed to wear Sta-Press and loafers. Farah hopsacks for me. And 'O' stood for 'Ordinary' (as opposed to 'A' level = "advanced").

God Bless the English education system eh?

Back
Top Bottom