U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason why he's thinking of leaving? Presumably he's getting a lot better where he is right now.

He's in no position to challenge Kane for quite a while.
The appeal of first team football and a first team paycheck. Sancho landing on his feet in the Bundesliga and actually getting playing time is going to open the floodgates.

We've got several decent looking CB's coming through all born in 1999 or 2000 - Japhet Tanganga, TJ Eyoma, Jon Dinzeyi and Brooklyn Lyons- Foster. Which of them do you think has a chance of making it ? Tanganga is the oldest and had his contract extended, Eyoma was part of the E u17 WC winning squad....
Agree with your selection, only thing that I've not see from our lads is their quality on the ball, bringing the ball out from the back. CCV was so comfortable when he played (ironically not when he was selected for 1st team) but we don't play with the same dominance as we did with the side that had Walker-Peters, CCV, Onomah, Winks, Ball and the Croatian(??) lad who was brilliant. et al. there are a number of reasons for this but perhaps biggest might be our lads are very young, often a couple of years lower that other club sides in the league and a lot of our defending is quite last ditched at times. Would you agree?

We've got several decent looking CB's coming through all born in 1999 or 2000 - Japhet Tanganga, TJ Eyoma, Jon Dinzeyi and Brooklyn Lyons- Foster. Which of them do you think has a chance of making it ? Tanganga is the oldest and had his contract extended, Eyoma was part of the E u17 WC winning squad....
I feel as if they all could potentially breakthrough at some point but for me I'd have to go for BLF, Eyoma and Tanganga. Though the latter has been unlucky with injuries for the past year. Then you've got the likes of Binks (another ball playing centre half) and Walcott to move up to the 18's next year.

Agree with your selection, only thing that I've not see from our lads is their quality on the ball, bringing the ball out from the back. CCV was so comfortable when he played (ironically not when he was selected for 1st team) but we don't play with the same dominance as we did with the side that had Walker-Peters, CCV, Onomah, Winks, Ball and the Croatian(??) lad who was brilliant. et al. there are a number of reasons for this but perhaps biggest might be our lads are very young, often a couple of years lower that other club sides in the league and a lot of our defending is quite last ditched at times. Would you agree?

Do you mean the Swiss born Serbian Milos Veljkovic ?

Think that all our Academy players these days are decent on the ball, including the CB's, so think its going to come down to some physical traits (which I guess is why Dinzeyi was on the last pre-season tour) such as speed and others such as anticipation and maybe being able to play as a FB to distinguish between them.

Whilst they can be younger than the opposition and therefore do not dominate as they used to my sense is that a number of the other academies are a lot better now so that Spurs academy no longer has as big an 'edge' as they used to.

I feel as if they all could potentially breakthrough at some point but for me I'd have to go for BLF, Eyoma and Tanganga. Though the latter has been unlucky with injuries for the past year. Then you've got the likes of Binks (another ball playing centre half) and Walcott to move up to the 18's next year.

Yup its one position where we seem to have a lot of good candidates coming through - I was surprised Dinzeyi went on a pre-season but that's the reason I included him, but any of the other 3 look decent prospects to come through (although Carter-Vickers who looked as good at that age hasn't developed as far as I had hoped since then, so one or more of these might also drop off) just a shame I doubt if more than one or two have a realistic chance of making it especially with even younger kids like Binks and Walcott coming through. Shame we cannot switch one of them for an 'uber' striker which is a position where I'm not sure we have that many candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom