U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting move, surely he could get a better loan deal in the football leagues.
maybe he's a bit homesick?
If he gets game time and plays well, he will probably be straight into the australian squad within 6 months

very interesting move, surely he could get a better loan deal in the football leagues.
maybe he's a bit homesick?
If he gets game time and plays well, he will probably be straight into the australian squad within 6 months
Potentially wanting to have a go at making the World Cup squad? After Ryan and Langerak nobody really stands out as third choice. Although maybe Whiteman is just rated higher by the club?

Here's a kid who can come back and slot back in to the squad to fill out the defense if needed once MLS ends. Game fit to boot

Last edited:
Luton Town v Spurs U23s
Checkatrade Trophy
Tuesday 15 August 2017
Kick-off 7.45pm

Prices:
Adults: £5.00
Under-16s: £1.00

Tickets are now available for this fixture from the Luton Town Ticket Office by calling 01582 416976. Lines are open 10am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 12noon at weekends.

Our supporters will be located within the Oak Road Stand (unreserved seating). Fans are advised to request placement in this stand upon booking.

Tickets are only available in advance of this fixture.

Luton Town v Spurs U23s
Checkatrade Trophy
Tuesday 15 August 2017
Kick-off 7.45pm

Prices:

Tickets are now available for this fixture from the Luton Town Ticket Office by calling 01582 416976. Lines are open 10am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 12noon at weekends.

Our supporters will be located within the Oak Road Stand (unreserved seating). Fans are advised to request placement in this stand upon booking.

Urgh, nice intro to senior football for the youth team then.
:carrollwtf:

Still not sure how I feel about this. It didn't look like the youth teams dominated too much last season. None made the final stages but they did stop a lot of teams progressing in the earlier rounds. It still just feels like we're pissing on the lower leagues chips... I'd be interested to hear what the average opinion was from the league club's fans and whether this raises the profile or ruins it for them.

Urgh, nice intro to senior football for the youth team then.
:carrollwtf:

Still not sure how I feel about this. It didn't look like the youth teams dominated too much last season. None made the final stages but they did stop a lot of teams progressing in the earlier rounds. It still just feels like we're pissing on the lower leagues chips... I'd be interested to hear what the average opinion was from the league club's fans and whether this raises the profile or ruins it for them.

They slaughtered this competition on the pod if that influences you. Persoanlly, i understand the principle is somewhat suspect but i would still go if the match was local enough (which they arent).

They slaughtered this competition on the pod if that influences you. Persoanlly, i understand the principle is somewhat suspect but i would still go if the match was local enough (which they arent).
I wouldn't boycott it, I just think that lower league and grassroots have a tough enough time without us stripping away more opportunity and money from them (I read it's something like £10,000 prize money per game, which is a lot to a team flirting with demotion out of the leagues) and I also think the depth of the football leagues ultimately benefits the EPL clubs as the more opportunity there is, even at lower levels, the more kids discover football in general, which means more talent is discovered and rises (more grassroots but hopefully I'm explaining myself?).

If we're going to use this competition to give our own academy more experience at other clubs' expense I think there should be a buy in which is then distributed downwards, not to mention waiving any match prizes (do they do that already?). Not to suggest that EPL clubs should start propping up the leagues or supporting bad business owners, but with the ridiculous amount of money sloshing about at the top I think it's about time that the FA / EPL / EPL teams start thinking about how they can better support youth/academy football in general and not just in our own backyards.

Luton Town v Spurs U23s
Checkatrade Trophy
Tuesday 15 August 2017
Kick-off 7.45pm

Prices:

Come on Luton

WEST HAM, VILLARREAL AND BENFICA FOR UNDER-23S IN PREMIER LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL CUP

We last entered the competition two years ago and it has now been confirmed that our Under-23s will take part again in 2017-18, lining up in Group F alongside West Ham United, Villarreal and Benfica.

All three of our fixtures in the group stage will be home games and will be played at Stevenage’s Lamex Stadium.

The dates for our matches have been confirmed as follows…

Thur 31 Aug – West Ham United (H) – Stevenage – 7pm
Tue 14 Nov – Villarreal (H) – Stevenage – 7pm
Wed 24 Jan – Benfica (H) – Stevenage – 7pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post since he is an ex-academy player but here we go.

Former academy product Milos Veljkovic goal in DFL Pokal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom