TS - longevity

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tim- how long will he get

• Total voters
I think he will be given until the end of the season, and once his successor has been appointed after the World Cup, he'll get a nice little earner and go back to being technical director or whatever his title was!

I feel this squad has the potential to be something awesome, the depth is great and gives whoever the manager happens to be many different options. Van Gaal is definitely a manager who would fit this club fantastically as he has a reputation of playing some fantastic football and is also very flexible in the sense that although he is from the Dutch school of football he does not swear by the 433 or any other variation of it for example at AZ Alkmaar he was playing a 442 and that was also the case at Bayern showing that although his footballing philosophy is set in stone the shape he uses isn't. I could see him achieving some success with us however something that worries me about him is his personality, he has a very abrasive personality and I highly doubt he would appreciate guys like Levy and Baldini interfering in his work and I wouldn't blame him for feeling like that because after all he has achieved great things in his time in football and deserves to have a free reign on the footballing side of things including signings. Something else that also excites me about him is the fact that he gives youngsters a chance to prove themselves, at Bayern guys like Alaba, Muller, Contento and Badstuber were given confidence by him he also transformed schweinsteiger from a relatively ineffective winger to the player that he is today.

Back
Top Bottom