#TottenhamUltras - song suggestions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle said:
god save our steve mcqueen
long live our steve mcqueen

and so forth (is steve even his first name?)

Honest to god, if he even gets near that song ahead of Ledley KING there is summit SERIOUSLY wrong with our support!

I have a question, why english supporters dont sing about club, traditions,passion to club or colours? Players wont play at club forever and not all of them should have a song.Ofc it is supporting culture and if you want you can sing about every player, but still i would like to hear something new in WHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_v0rqvb_EY

1882 said:
jimmyriggle said:

Honest to god, if he even gets near that song ahead of Ledley KING there is summit SERIOUSLY wrong with our support!

There is something wrong with our support. Too many complacent season ticket holders for a start. The fact that we can get a chant going for a player none of us has heard of, and the whole of WHL can't sing the same song for Ledley King shows something about what this movement is about.

Tune to sloop john b

We are the Yid Army
Can't hear the West Stand sing
We are the Yid Army we sing on our own
We sing on our own
We sing on our oooowwwwn
This is the best trip I've ever been on.
da dur dur da dur dur

ad nauseum

Flav said:
1882 said:
jimmyriggle said:

There is something wrong with our support. Too many complacent season ticket holders for a start. The fact that we can get a chant going for a player none of us has heard of, and the whole of WHL can't sing the same song for Ledley King shows something about what this movement is about.

Main problem is that average age of people inside the ground is going up each year. I'm part of that equation. We all are. Someone just behind me must be 75+, and I don't expect them to stand and sing, problem is that means I can't because they will see fuck all. Average age around me must be in the 40s for sure.

When I started going as a Junior Member in the 80s (terraces) the majority of people around me where 13-19, a few older, and we were quite noisy. That was the Paxton. East Lower and Park Lane were standing too and as you got older you went and stood somewhere else. Park lane was always a crack next to the away fans in your metal cage.

Now it's all about the bagels and the grapes. Woman the other week asked if that had any Pinot when given her little bottle of wine at HT I don't think the guy serving her had a clue what she meant..........

But big wages need big ticket prices - it's a vicious circle.

There's always a possibility... As we know mostly Ultras are not millionaires and they dont buy tickets for big prices...So for example Bayern ultras talked with their club directors and they get cheaper tickets. I think most of clubs in Europe give cheaper tickets to their most active fans/ultra groups. Some clubs even let them for free just to create amazing atmosphere.
If Tottenham Ultras could develop into a serious group, for example maybe you can get 100-200 season tickets cheaper than normal fans and get your own section :)

We're the pride of north london
The talk of the south
We hate the Wenger
Cos he is all mouth
We won the derby
And that took fuck all
Now the Tottenham will rise and the Woolwich will fall.....

hilf said:
There's always a possibility... As we know mostly Ultras are not millionaires and they dont buy tickets for big prices...So for example Bayern ultras talked with their club directors and they get cheaper tickets. I think most of clubs in Europe give cheaper tickets to their most active fans/ultra groups. Some clubs even let them for free just to create amazing atmosphere.
If Tottenham Ultras could develop into a serious group, for example maybe you can get 100-200 season tickets cheaper than normal fans and get your own section :)

Oh yes fucking please!!

:clap: :ninja: :crouch: :bale: :modric: :parker: :ade:

I like it when fans jump up and down, not like that poznan shit, sort of like when we score and do the yidio. Would love to do this for a good 5 minutes.

Would like to sing glory glory for about 10 minutes, then hopefully it will get sung properly at the lane.

HarryHotspur said:
I like it when fans jump up and down, not like that poznan shit, sort of like when we score and do the yidio. Would love to do this for a good 5 minutes.

Would like to sing glory glory for about 10 minutes, then hopefully it will get sung properly at the lane.

well said, harry... and btw all, (and i understand the confusion) but it's:

glory, glory hallelujah....

not wot chas & dave sing... which is mildly ridiculous.

Going back to my jumping up and down, what about

Coulibaly tottenhams number 9

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UX92TwUg3w[/youtube]

ZoC said:
HarryHotspur said:

well said, harry... and btw all, (and i understand the confusion) but it's:

glory, glory hallelujah....

not wot chas & dave sing... which is mildly ridiculous.

Indeed. I think this would sound so good with a slowish drum in the background.

I sit in the paxton :defoe: and when we hear this, it sounds like everyones like stomping their feet and banging on the corrugated metal, which sounds tremendous!

when did the tradition start to play "glory, glory tottenham hotspur", chas & dave's mangling of spurs' famous anthem, at the end of winning home matches?

im(not so)ho, this is sacrilege, and another example of how the people running the club are two-bob who don't really appreciate our history... in fact, this deserves a thread in its own thread...

I know what you mean, one of my pet hates is when Glory Glory gets sung and you can hear that half the people singing are singing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur instead of Glory Glory Hallelujah. Dunno why, just winds me up. Same with when people speed up Oh When the Spurs too quickly

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 pm #

when did the tradition start to play "glory, glory tottenham hotspur", chas & dave's mangling of spurs' famous anthem, at the end of winning home matches?

im(not so)ho, this is sacrilege, and another example of how the people running the club are two-bob who don't really appreciate our history... in fact, this deserves a thread in its own thread...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 pm #

I know what you mean, one of my pet hates is when Glory Glory gets sung and you can hear that half the people singing are singing Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur instead of Glory Glory Hallelujah. Dunno why, just winds me up. Same with when people speed up Oh When the Spurs too quickly

...Ladies and Gentlemen, we've just witnessed the birth of a new thread!

Flav said:
Tune to sloop john b

We are the Yid Army
Can't hear the West Stand sing
We are the Yid Army we sing on our own
We sing on our own
We sing on our oooowwwwn
This is the best trip I've ever been on.
da dur dur da dur dur

ad nauseum
fuck sake this is now stuck in my head!

Back
Top Bottom