Tottenham Vs Wolfsberger 24th Feb 17:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My comment wasn't supposed to be disparaging of Dele after scoring such an amazing goal, my comment was a response to tedesco23 tedesco23 's suggestion that an amazing goal proves that Dele should be starting other games.

One amazing goal doesn't prove anything by itself. But it's an amazing goal by a player who is just 24 and has done a lot of amazing things, and this goal is a reminder of that.

And, uh, you did see the other 70 posts or so also suggesting that Dele should maybe get another look, yeah? Not sure why mine set you off on the surly response. But hey, we all respond differently to beautiful moments.

One amazing goal doesn't prove anything by itself. But it's an amazing goal by a player who is just 24 and has done a lot of amazing things, and this goal is a reminder of that.

And, uh, you did see the other 70 posts or so also suggesting that Dele should maybe get another look, yeah? Not sure why mine set you off on the surly response. But hey, we all respond differently to beautiful moments.
Most people were just celebrating the amazing goal - your post seemed to be implying that he should have been starting games recently because he scored that amazing goal. ;)

I celebrated too of course - it was an outstanding goal, a beautiful moment indeed, and we all want him to get back to his best. But I'm not going to pretend that he has done so yet, and certainly not just because of one great goal. For me that's rather naive.

Back
Top Bottom