Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like we won't even get that pleasure
Just to reflect on that quote from the club...

The launch of our new Nike 2021/22 home kit will now take place later this month and, as such, we shall continue to wear this season’s home kit for the remainder of the season.

Perhaps I'm putting my tin foil hat on here, but could the motivation for pushing this back be to do with Kane? He's the number 1. choice of player that people get printed on the back of our kits, and this might be the hierarchy trying to prevent a lot of unfortunate (in retrospect) purchases.

Just win tonight Spurs. That's the season finished then and Europa league booked for next season.

Yes a crap season, but I will still delight in rubbing that fact into woolwich and spam faces

Just win tonight Spurs. That's the season finished then and Europa league booked for next season.

Yes a crap season, but I will still delight in rubbing that fact into woolwich and spam faces

If we win and West Ham win tonight, we’re still only ahead of them on GD going into the last game. And if they draw, it’s still two points in it, so we only have the EL (virtually) booked if we win and they lose.

These last games turned out to be one of the most important and defining for our season. Got a real bad feeling about this.
If we throw it all away, got no European football, gone / unhappy Kane, mediocre manager, failed outgoing of deadwood players, uninspiring transfer, how do you think Spurs will cope going into next season and foreseeable future?
Don't know what to expect at all. There are lot of factors that could turn the performance shiteways.
There are a lot to be fighting on somehow. Wouldn't even understand which way i should sets my mood in going into it.

First time allowed back in stadium last night for chelsea and first thing on their mind is chanting about us which was cringeworthy. Desperate to be our rivals they are. Winds their fans up even more in conversation when i say the gooners are our main rivals. Proves they are insignificant.

If we win and West Ham win tonight, we’re still only ahead of them on GD going into the last game. And if they draw, it’s still two points in it, so we only have the EL (virtually) booked if we win and they lose.
Good point. Let's whack villa tonight, win at leicester on Sunday and dump them down to fifth which prompts Brendan to come to Spurs

Line up seems to pick itself. Bale worked his arse off in the last game; and it makes sense to reset him for the Leicester game.

Lloris
Tanganga - Toby - Dier - Reggie
PEH - Lo Celco
Moura - Alli - Son
Kane

Villa with nothing to play for; so I imagine they will take a few risks to try and score some goals.

Spurs 4 - 2 Villa

Goals for Son, Alli and Kane's final goal at the lane coming in the final minute.
Why would you take Bale out when he's been pretty damn decent consistently in home games against weaker sides?

Since CL football is out of question, what do you guys think about ditching EL for good (even with the idea of finishing below Spam, even Woolwich)? I meant being out of EL, would allow us a more compact squad and with more quality if we invest well, so we can clear out the deadwood. Less sentiment on keeping fringe player for squad depth purpose, which is our current issue.

If there is possibility to finish above Spam and Woolwich yet avoiding EL for the above reason, I would prefer that.

Drop Kane - If Spurs aren't good enough for him he can shove his golden boot up his arse - play the players who haven't bitten the hand that made them.
Spurs made Harry Kane? Give me a break. The lad was 2 3 years on loans, and even then he got a chance by some miracle and he worked hard to get where he is now.
He gave us so many years of fantastic football and now you are mad because he's not happy with 6th place? Why aren't you mad on board? Yeah I know

Spurs made Harry Kane? Give me a break. The lad was 2 3 years on loans, and even then he got a chance by some miracle and he worked hard to get where he is now.
He gave us so many years of fantastic football and now you are mad because he's not happy with 6th place? Why aren't you mad on board? Yeah I know
Why do you think I am mad?

I wish the lad luck, hope he finishes just behind us every year ... but if he no longer wants to be at Spurs why the hell should we care about him?

FYI - Of course he built his career at Spurs - don't be a complete numpty.

Why would you take Bale out when he's been pretty damn decent consistently in home games against weaker sides?

Played almost the full 90 minutes 3 days ago + we have another game on Sunday. Leicester should be the tougher of the 2 games and it would be good if he was fully fit for that.

Moura should be enough to pester the villa defence and if not, Bale can come off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom