Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a feeling that Sheff U's over-confidence (the fans anyway) will be their undoing.

We have seen it all before. Team gets promoted, have a flying start and then it gradually catches up with them.

They are a well drilled side but I think we will eke out a narrow win.

Score early and we could go on for a more comfortable victory.

The problem being clearly if they score first early it’s going to be another long frustrating day but fingers crossed 🤞

Joe, if it’s any consolation, I can barely remember what day of the week it is let alone digest football stats. I’d be keen to give Skipp a chance. I thought he was one of our best players pre-season and he looked like he actually wanted to run around and try different things rather than stick to rigid patterns (Sissoko and especially Winks). In many ways it’s more that I want to see Poch back younger players. If he’s not good enough, we’ll soon find out and can move him on. Too often we let our youngsters get stuck in limbo.

If not Skipp, I’d be happy to see Dier play DM. Also surprised Foyth has never really been used there. He’s one of our most comfortable players on the ball, but appreciate that doesn’t mean he knows the defensive positioning for a 6.

I’m all for giving the youth a chance and was hopeful about Skipp the other night but that reckless challenge didn’t do him any favours
It’s all right saying you want passion etc but we have enough liabilities in our squad as it is
Pleased with Dier and Dele though

The problem being clearly if they score first early it’s going to be another long frustrating day but fingers crossed 🤞

With a bit of luck, that’s exactly what Lo Celso can help with. We’ve been unable, for a good two years, to break down stubborn defences. Ndombele and Lo Celso represent genuine midfield threats rather than turgid recyclers of the ball.

We're due for a good win. Need to smash them.

Make the scoreline bloodier than cretinousgoat cretinousgoat 's shits.
lPRTuMf.jpg

I'll take that as a disagree.... :thumbup: many others on here have said the same though. Rather that than the side that played against Everton. What would your selection be ??
I'm not disagreeing that that selection will be close to our best, as it includes new signings which should provide the much-needed kick we are looking for etc., etc., etc,......

I'm suggesting that anyone EXPECTING to see it is perhaps a tad deluded. I base this solely off the fact we will be playing a far, far more aggressive side than Red Star (I'll just turn your attention to Brighton and how they played against us and they aren't really equipped anything like Sheffield Utd are!!). Our achilles heel is we can be out-pressed, also see Southampton game to name but a few. Sheffield Utd (apparently) the highest pressing side in the League has had all week to prepare/rest for this game, we will have had TWO days rest and we are hardly what you would call a fit and effervescent side ourselves right now.

In addition, Poch rotates his sides, he has always done this in the 6yrs at the club, all the evidence supports the fact that we will and most likely have to rotate the team.

I don't understand why everyone expecting to see the same side that played in the week.

On the plus side, our arguments have gotten much more interesting to read. Let's keep winning just to make this place enjoyable to congregate in.

I have a feeling that Sheff U's over-confidence (the fans anyway) will be their undoing.

We have seen it all before. Team gets promoted, have a flying start and then it gradually catches up with them.

They are a well drilled side but I think we will eke out a narrow win.

Score early and we could go on for a more comfortable victory.
If Lo Celso and Ndombele start I am not concerned. They are enough to carve through most defenses, and I realize Sheffield United have the best GA in the league currently, but their underlying defensive numbers are more middle of the pack.

This will either be 4-0 or 0-1. Seems like that kind of matchup.

Back
Top Bottom